Sunday, April 18, 2010

What's your favorite thing to do on Sundays?

When we don't have any firm plans to go anywhere, any chores although we do relax on Sundays - no servile work, and if I don't plan on cooking a big meal, if the day is mine, nothing out of the ordinary request from my husband - I love to come back to my office and play my music CDs with the volume up and mess around on my computer, cleaning emails up, doing Facebook, Twitter, and writing mail to friends.

That's what I've been doing this afternoon. I had the window open for awhile, nice breeze coming through until the air conditioner came on - the temperatures are heating up in our desert climate. Said to get up about 85 today - just the beginning. We've had marvelous spring days. Believe me I am very thankful for these pleasant days because the temps seem to speed up towards 115 quickly. I've learned to think of it in this way - we do have wonderful winter weather and spring weather and only about two months of high heat in the upper 100s - its difficult to tolerate some days, but we know it will pass. When it is real hot we can't go out because it takes our breath away, really, so we much plan the grocery for the early morning, or one store at a time. It is dry heat and yes, there is a difference. I was raised in the mid west and had lived there in Kentucky on the farm when we raised the kids when I was in my 20 and 30s and part of my 40s and you get use to the heat and humidity - the lousy hairdos and runny makeup, but holy cow, when we've gone back on vacation, I find it miserable. So we try not to schedule trips in the summer.

I was just wondering, do you have family members who choose not be apart of your family? I've got a couple of grandkids who live with their mothers and they have not been close at all. We've tried to communicate, but they don't recripricate. It's sad to me. I know every family have their problems and it's not unusual. Life is too short but on the other hand, there's not much you can do, really. Just wondering.

Thankful for the beautiful days. The folks in Europe have their problems with the cloud of volcano dust hanging over them. Can't imagine they respiratory distress they have to deal with - must be horrible.

Hope you are well and your day is going smoothly. God bless!

No comments: