Monday, August 2, 2010

Choice

I briefly scanned an article that came to my email box this morning. The article made the statement "life is a matter of prospective" and I agree. The article's first paragraph stated that sometimes we say or do things we regret but can never take back. I am always say stupid things and I wonder why I can't get my mouth and brain to work together. Why can't I see far enough into the future to realize what I am going to say will both sound stupid and may cause either pain or hysteria. I have been on a roll with that tragedy more recently and I don't know why. After I realized what I've said and mull it over in my mind for days, I make resolutions to be mindful of what I saw - but it doesn't work. I keep on either giving out secrets that I've kept private for years or add situations which don't apply today. Whether or not these misstatements have affected the dear ones I'm talking to was not evident. Then I think, ok, you need to talk to them about it - oh no!!! by bringing it up may emphasize the topic ---- think!!! maybe they weren't paying any attention anyhow --- oh good, can I get out of it that easy??? I think not.

I think I will just wait until the subject matter comes up again then I will try to explain it away! Oh dear me, my mouth really does get me in trouble. I am a senior citizen who has lost good social skills and I am blaming my rampant mouth problems on that!!!

I do have a choice and if I were still a kid, I could hear my mom saying "you need more self-control!" She would be right. I must revert my lack of foresight of the outcome of what I say to attempting to not speak of certain matters without realizing the outcome of my words.

I hope you have a lovely day and may God bless you with abundant graces. Take good care.

No comments: