Thursday, January 29, 2009

Alexandra - Our Super Achiever!

Well, she did it AGAIN!!! Another assembly for family and friends to celebrate the achievements of the students of Alex school. They started doing the award assemblies and inviting the families only recently. They give awards often but in the past it was during class time. This is a great idea having a special time set aside to bring the students accomplishment as a celebration for all to attend. Alex father did not excel in school, but he is very motivated helping Alex. Her intelligence has been a Godsend for Kevin. Life is sure amazing, we never know what blessings will become part of our life - simple blessings that make a difference.

My house will be busy again for a couple of days - our truck driver son, Don, is on his way through town with a delivery. He'll be stopping by for food! We are very thankful for his miracle job! Do your kids go to the refrigerator first thing when they come to visit?

Daughter Suzanne is still in the hospital - no word on when she will be discharged and placed in another location. She has said they will put her in a group home. They do have all sorts of activities for the patients to participate in as well as exercise. She is socializing with the others and I am thankful - she can be stubbornly anti-social, although, she does have a sweet personality and a terrific laugh and sense of humor. Her illness poses many problems for her. Most of her medication helps her cope and we can tell when she hasn't been taking it appropriately - or if the physician has changed it. The smallest event can be extreme if her medications aren't balanced.

We haven't heard from Soldier Tom for a few days. They will be watching the Super Bowl on Sunday in Iraq with all the extra snacks as allowed for this big game. I heard a place in Chicago sent pizzas over. There are only two months and a couple weeks before Tom heads back to the states from Camp Taji, Iraq. I wish we could drive out to Ft. Bragg to welcome him back. I'll bet that is an awesome event to be on the tarmack when the troops land on base and are greeted by family!!! He thinks he will be coming home on leave in May - can't wait to see him. We miss him so much.

I had the dreaded Kentucky Fried Chicken desires yesterday - I'm not suppose to eat that greasy extra crunchy stuff - but once a year I give in and yesterday, I just had to have some - well, you know what? it just ain't as good as it use to be, and yes, it made me sick. I told Bob to never buy that stuff for me again. When will I learn?

Well, that's it in a nutshell from here. I hope you all are keeping warm and safe. Hope all's well at you place. God bless and keep you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

praises and prayers for your entire family!

~AM

Call Me Grandma said...

That is wonderful that things are working out. Tell Alex congrats and keep up the good work.
So glad soldier Tom will be back on U.S. soil soon.
I ate too much yesterday. Today i have Gabby for 12 hours and Noah will probably be here tomorrow, along with some more snow.
I sure hope I don't get snowbound with the two of them again.