Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What's my name!

I've neglected blogging for so long that I've forgotten my names and passwords - duh! I've been addicted to Facebook with it's Farmtown, Farmville, and my Happy Aquarium. Really intellectual!

Did you have a nice Christmas season? The Sullivan's - be that as they are - were all together and we had a blast. Unfortunately, we are small in numbers but big on laughs and fun. Bob and I grocery shopped several times just to make sure we would have plenty of food in the house for everyone. Now I am so strapped for cash, I can't go to a grocery store for a couple of weeks. No, just kidding.

We cut back on gifts this year due to the requirement we put upon ourselves of getting the house ready to sell. We had expenses like painting the interior, putting in new landscaping, new garage doors, and next will be a new rug in the computer/grandkids room. I don't have a problem cutting back on my expenditures because I feel very fortunate for what we have to start out with and I always make sure I can pay my bills first before buying anything.

The year ended in our household with major health problems - I hope not a fore-boding for us Senior Citizens. Just when we were hoping to be free travelers, escaping down the highway of life with what's left of our hair blowing in the wind - a ha, just kidding. Husband Bob found out he has cancer on his forehead. He's had our physician look at it and treat it for some time, but we finally decided to go to a dermatologist. It's like "I should have had a V-8!" Why didn't we go sooner. They wanted to cut it out, but told Bob he could have radiation instead of a hole with possibly probably skin graft - so he's been taking radiation treatments for a couple of weeks now. It will last another several weeks. That place on his forehead is red - worrisome to me. When my Aunt had radiation, they stopped the treatments when it got red - but this doctor just gave Bob ointment which he says help. Who do you trust????

Bob is a very handsome man, but he's not vain - and he says he's not concerned about any scaring - just didn't want a hole. The cancer is not the real serious type, but is there any cancer that's not a real serious type.

I've talked about our knee problems before and they haven't gotten any better in fact, I'm worse. But, we've agreed for Bob to go first - he also needs both knees replaced and we're waiting on some approval or disapproval paperwork from the government. Our insurance will cover but we are covering our butts with extra paperwork so that it doesn't come back to bite us. Bob is a workaholic even though he's slowed down in his old age, but he needs to be busy, I don't care now, but I am still called upon to do chores.

Selling the house is on hold, I think, until after the surgeries for both of us. Soldier Tom gets out of the Army in June and he and his gal and granddog Peanut will be coming back here to live and go to college - so for a short time we will have more boarders. We don't know whether to buy a bigger house or move into a Senior Citizen's development where no one under 55 can live!! That would be running away from the needy!!!! Our son and granddaughter are with us still.

I don't know what I would do if anything happened to my husband. We are hooked at the hip! We aggravate each other in depth, but we have so much fun. He is the best kisser in the whole wide world - and I've kissed a lot of guys in my younger years - never went any further passed the kissing - was a different time when I grew up but I didn't have to, because I knew when I met Bob, he was the one and the only.

In this New Year, politics are a changing! The War is changing. Weather is a changing - glad I live here in the west except for the serious water shortage. We lived through the bitter cold on the farm in Kentucky - ice storms and all. We all pay our toil though.

Well, just dropped in to say "howdy" and hope you had a good Christmas. Hope the New Year will be good for you in all ways - good health, success, hope you are fine economically, and spiritually. May God bless you and keep you safe always.

No comments: