Monday, March 29, 2010

Neglectful of Favorite things.

It's already 9 AM, we've been up since 5 AM although once I sat down in my comfy electric reclining chair I went back to sleep. We have an odd routine these days of waking up early for no reason. Well, we're retired so it doesn't matter. We watch the weather or local news and putter around on the computer, Bob does anyhow because if I can get away with it I snooze. Six o'clock the national news comes on and I try to be awake enough to catch that on FoxNews.

I have enjoyed blogging, but have gotten distracted with a couple other things the past year. I guess it all started last March when our truck driver son Don introduced us to Facebook. I am aware Facebook has been around for a very long time, but I never got attached to it until our Don said something and I knew it would be a good way to keep in touch when he was on the road. He has an Apple laptop. Husband Bob got hooked too, and we got started with two applications of farming - although both of us are city children we did have a real farm for a period of time in our life so I guess we reminisce of those hard working days - it was a good life. We enjoy playing Farmtown & Farmville but it's a silly daily commitment - isn't that so funny!!! We think it's a riot the realization something so simple could take so much of our time. Oh well, we're retired.

In addition to blogging and Facebook, I am totally driven like bees to honey with Twitter. The individuals I follow are more political, but I do have a variety - like Martha Stewart, Copykat Recipes, MC Hammer, and many others. Of the political people I follow, there are a few who also have chosen to follow me like Dr. Henry Kissinger, Karl Rove, and others - a compliment for sure. I am a regular middle class common person certainly no high class education - I think I have some common sense and can write legibly to keep up and keep me in the game.

I have been rewarded over and over with these mediums of communication. I have broaden my sense of individualism with the choices I can select whether Twittering, Blogging or on Facebook. Oh, and most important for me is the contacts I have formed and reunions of old friends who I grew up with or those we use to live nearby. It has been glorious finding these dear friends as well as meeting new friends. All the children I taught in Religion classes at our Church have grown up and with their own children - and they are teaching and active in our church there. So gratifying to reach out and touch the past and present.

I will try to do better blogging. I have found this gift to be a treasure for my soul - especially the political blogs I have. Having the opportunity to write my innermost thoughts is very self-fulfilling. Maybe it also helps bring relief for those worrisome problems too.

Spring has been upon us here in the desert southwest for a couple of weeks now. Our hyacinths have bloomed and spread their glorious fragrance many times over but have now passed and left only the green stems that blend in with the new spring flowers blooming. I have never seen our spring flowers look so lovely. We've seen more variety of tulips than ever and we give praise to the Father for the rains we've had this season for these gifts of beauty.

Bob has planted a couple tomato plants in a new spot - with luck we might have fresh tomatoes. We have never had luck growing tomatoes here although I do know there are some people we have heard about that do get lucky, so we know it can be done. We don't want to invest a lot of money in new plants unless necessary because we do still have intentions of selling this house, eventually.

I do sincerely wish you a wonderful day. May God bless you abundantly with all your needs. Take care.

No comments: