Monday, March 1, 2010

Pleasant evening

What is your favorite thing to do in the evening after fixing dinner and doing the dishes? I'm sure you have routines, but there must be something that really is so relaxing and happens so seldom so you really appreciate the time. Tonight I had the opportunity to experience an evening of oneness. This is a unique occasion lately, don't know why, but Bob and I have gotten into a particular routine of doing the same thing every night.

Tonight I came back to my office and put a George Strait CD in my player and cranked up the sound. This room is my hideout, although I am not far away if anyone needs or wants me, but far away I am out of sight. I can sing off key all I want without any comments.

I think we all need that special place to go to be alone to reclaim ourselves. Raising a family, working, tending spouse's needs and all the other claims on our time we forget to be calm and listen. I know there's no listening with George Strait singing, but in the time that I've been here, I've posted photos on my Facebook page, commented on Twitter, did my Farmtown and Farmville, did some bills, and wrote some emails. I know that doesn't see like earth shattering stuff but for me it's therapy being alone in my own environment because I don't have that opportunity that often.

What's your favorite relaxing pastime?

No comments: