Sunday, June 3, 2012

Another Lazy Sunday afternoon

Enjoying private time in my office, sorting out paperwork that has collected since the first of the year.  Being very sick for several months really took a toil on my filing and organizing.  What a mess!  It's always good to be back here alone.  I can play my music at whatever volume I desire.  My adult son's bedroom is right next to this room so the times I can play my music is rare because he sleeps during the day.

I'm listening to Rita Wilson's new album "AM-FM" - - be sure to get it if you like some of the oldies songs.  She's really fantastic and really brings chills to my bones and gives me the dancing fever. 

Listening to her too has put my blues off the chart and onto a blank page - later to deal with.  Family stuff.  We have a grandson we raised, now he has a girlfriend, to be married next year.  They live a few miles for us but are very busy, college and work and social life............very far removed from our life.  I just told Bob we could move away and they wouldn't miss us.  I know it sounds like a pity party, but it doesn't hurt for him to stop by and say hi! once in a while - - they usually only come by when I fix a dinner.  We like her, she's very nice and they make a good couple.  But, that is the way it is.  Just some of the things of life I wish were different.

Daughter Suz was over yesterday and we watched Part One of the last Harry Potter movie.  I am such a Harry Potter geek, just can't get enough of the books and movies.  Weird for someone as old as I am, I guess!

Since I was so sick, I lost a lot of weight, but not enough, I wasn't eating anything, it was bad.  Now I am trying to get more weight off and it is sure difficult.  I have to watch my salt, gosh almighty, I didn't realize how much salt is in food and just exactly what the limit per day we should have - not very much!!!  Only a teaspoon if you are interested.  If you read the sodium content on boxes of items you purchase it will surprise you! 

It's a windy day here in the Las Vegas valley again with high temperatures of only 104'....earlier this week it was up near 116'.   We're really having odd changeable weather.  Haven't been swimming yet, it takes several consistent days of over 100' for the pool water to warm up enough to be comfortable.

Isn't it something it's June already?  Granddaughter Alex will be out of school this week and she will be a 6th grader.  There's a graduation ceremony this week.  Should be fun.  Her brother (step) Mike will graduate from high school this month too. 

One of our granddaughters graduated from high school yesterday.  She is pregnant with our first great-granddaughter.  She's not going to get married but wants to keep the baby.  She'll be living with the "father's" family.  We love her very much, she's a sweet girl.  We sure do wish her the very best.  She lives far away from us so it will be a long time before we see our new great-grandbaby.

Ending this note with this thought and question, when you get the blues, do you have a solution or something special you do to keep from going off the deep end or crying all the time?  Let me know what works for you.

Take good care and have a wonderful week.  May God bless you and your with abundant blessings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.