Monday, June 4, 2012

Do you Twitter?

There are so many social network programs to join on the internet today, sometimes it gets confusing or difficult to decide which one is right to join. I joined Twitter a year or so ago. I do like it because of the volume of interests, topics, visions, and opinions available to select to be connected with and also not to mention real celebrities too. Where else in our huge planet earth can we actually have direct contact with notable people and read their thoughts and ideas. Every day I find a new topic and a new person to follow. I can be me on Twitter as opposed to my Facebook page I do have Friends who do not have the same political views so I do not "push" my conservative viewpoint. I do post some conservative articles, rarely, because I do have friends who are right wing too. I am sensitive as are my liberal friends. I only had one situation with a guy I went to grade school with who was a very set liberal. He was also a newspaper man, very well written and excellent at expressing his point of view. He was more astute in his writing than I am and I knew I didn't stand a chance to discuss our difference. His point of view became almost hostile. At that I just unfriended and blocked him. I love Facebook because I have connected with friends I haven't seen or heard from in over 45 years. It's marvelous. But twitter is another side of human nature - a quick quote, a post to an article in the newspaper or magazine, a link to an interesting place to visit. Every day is something new and you can always find comfort in the fact there will be someone who agrees with your viewpoint. I find that refreshing and a bit peaceful. I have enough turmoil in my every day family live. I want to chose what and who I read and what is said. It's just not all political. Recently a jewelry maker accepted my Twitter and when I was alerted to this, I checked her twitter page and found a very talented lady with beautiful jewelry and I am a real fan of beautiful jewelry. So, you never know with twitter - and you can accept who follows you or block them. But you'll never know whether you'll like it until you try it! Hope all is well with you and yours. Have a beautiful day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.