Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fickle Finger of Farming, Fame and Fooie


I've just come from my Farm Town the application on FaceBook where one of my FB friends had a link to a cooking blog. I wanted to link to it on this blog so I felt rather guilty and two-faced not stopping by to write something. I am torn between the two addictions now but all my time has gone to FaceBook and my Farm. I've included my Farm as it it right now. I have planted Peppers because they make more coins but they haven't matured. There are trees all around and lots of flowers and farm animals, kittens and dogs. I am staying in the middle of my field but I am very small. I continually add flowers and will be adding ponds and water ways and other things. Some farms are very elaborate. It's a fun thing.

There is huge FarmTown competition here in the family between granddaughter Alex, husband Bob and me. I am trying to be mature about the whole thing but you can see it in their eyes as they watch my coin count continue to collect as well as the trophy number and the awards. Alex has come unglued to the point of tears over several issues since she has started her farm. She has even worked Bob, promoting herself and her job skills to cultivate over mine - when you share cultivation the helper earns coins and the farmer earns more coins. It is so silly it is funny.

This morning Alex expanded her property which of course changed the borders. She isn't experienced enough to realize the results of her decision and each of us - Bob, Kevin, and I, had to explain how it works but she was too upset to accept our help. I sat down at that computer and explained and began to do some expansions for her until I realized she knew what to do really.

She is very sensitive and wants it all perfect. And please do not comment negatively or the tears will flow. I have been very upset and moody lately and ill tempered with not only her but everyone. I know the reason, but the reason doesn't matter, it won't/can't change because it is the way it is. I guess I've come to the end of the road for now and will just have to once again realize I need to suck it up and get on with it. This is the problem raising grandchildren or having them live with you - ideally, you'd prefer to see them when you are in a loving mood rather than impatient or ill-tempered or feeling poorly. At least, that's how I would like it, but these days that's not how it is here. I guess reality is a better lesson than imaginary pretend.
If you are interested in Farmtown - it is an application off FaceBook and you will need a FaceBook page, then go from there. It's easy.

Plans are moving forward for painting the interior of the house, and I think I've finally convinced myself of the idea that I am comfortable with renting a house for a year after we sell this place. Son Kev and Alex with have to move with us to the next home - and I plan on giving Kev an ultimatum of a year to get his life together so he can go it alone with Alex - maybe by then Alex's mom will start paying something for support. During that year of renting, Bob and I will travel all over and while traveling stay longer at places we think we might like to live and look at real estate.

Bob has now decided he wants to go to Alaska and I suggested he go alone! In our early years of marriage he wanted to move to Newfoundland because he had been stationed there in the Air Force and he really liked it there. It was one place I refused to move to although I did move everywhere else with him in the U. S. when he got an itch in his rear to move on a whim. I won't move to Alaska for the same reason I wouldn't move to Newfoundland - too far from family. After 45 years of marriage, I am sticking to my gun and being where I want to be. I know in a few years I will be having a great-grandbaby and if you think for one minute I want to live so far away from that baby I couldn't see it then you are cookoo! Tom has a girlfriend and they are serious, but not ready to settle down yet and I am glad, but I know the day will come.

Tom did get his promotion to Sergeant and we are so proud. He celebrated by buying a new vehicle that he's always wanted. Good for him!!!

Well, that's it from here and Jeannie Beannie's farm too. I hope you all are well and your life has been going along smoothly. I pray that God will bless you abundantly with prayers answered and many blessings. Do take good care.

No comments: