Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Seems like forever.......

Yes, it does seem like forever since I've blogged. I thought I was hooked on blogging until my oldest son Don introduced us to Facebook, then I found Farmtown - a Facebook application. Even Bob is hooked on Facebook and we were competing on Farmtown for the biggest farm and who has the most coins. This all came to the "cross words" status a few days back. I can't say we saw the weirdness in the whole situation, but we both did change our strategy which changed our techniques and now there's no more competitive opportunities in our motivation.

I didn't realize it when I met my husband 45 years ago that he was extremely competitive. In fact, so much so he wouldn't even play cards with the kids when they were younger. I thought that was odd, until years later he admitted it. Now we all have a great time. A while back Bob even spoofed Tom when playing Hearts, I think it was. Tom didn't realize Bob knew the game and was being easy on Bob, when lo and behold, Bob was counting the cards, and won the hand. I never saw Tom's face so amazingly surprised!

It's not like I don't have anything to do because I should be packing up the house for moving. But, I am not motivated and playing Farmtown on the computer is much more fun. I have found friends and kids of friends I knew from places I lived - the kids are grown up now into very attractive mature individuals. This has been a saving grace and a wonderful experience for me to begin communicating with these new found old friends. A few of my friends are on Facebook, but mostly it is their children who I am sharing news with and some have passed on information from me to their moms (my friends). A dear dear friend's daughter is trying to convince her mom to get on Facebook, but so far, no go, but I am getting news from her daughter. Which is wonderful fun.

We've gotten two estimates for the interior painting of the house. I want two more individuals to come in before I make a choice. I do like one of the painters, but I need to have more to chose from at this point. Email from our Realtor has us checking out homes via the Internet which is fine with me since if we do see something we like then we can drive by. None so far have not jumped out and slapped us across the face and said "buy me."

Oldest son Don was home for a couple of days. His birthday is Wednesday and we took him out to dinner last evening to Claim Jumpers. I was looking forward to eating there again. The meal we had on Father's Day was fabulous unfortunately the food wasn't so good last night. I really felt disappointed since I looked forward to doing something special for Don. He hasn't liked having birthdays for years and generally doesn't get a truck load in our area on his birthday. Don was called back on the road this morning so he headed out bright and early but we did have a nice visit. He was able to get some time on his motorcycle too.

Tom is doing well at Ft. Bragg. He called me out of the clear blue - no problems, didn't want anything, just wanted to call - that was nice and a very special surprise. He is trying to get his hi school and college grades together so he can apply for college courses now. I know Tina is behind him pushing and I am grateful. Tom needs nudging in that direction and she is the one to do it - she has the power and the love. Tom is very bright but also a proscrastinator - big time. Tina is very bright too and they make a great couple.

Not much else going on here at our place. I've missed blogging but it is a time warranted attention keeping job. Also, I have to have peace and quiet and no interruptions to keep my train of thought to write. It's quiet in the house at this moment. OH, it is so hot outside these days - temp up to 116 degrees some days. A little cooler today because we had rain in some parts of the valley. Nice!

I finally did get to do what I have looked forward to do for a year - - we saw Harry Potter this afternoon. It was totally terrific. If Bob will go, I want to see it again. I don't think I could go a year before it comes out on DVD before seeing it again - maybe it will be on DVD for Christmas but probably not. I did listen to the (audio) book on CD so I sort knew some of the stuff to happen, but it was great to see it... Really great.

Take good care and God bless each of you.

No comments: