Friday, July 10, 2009

Koo Koo for Farm Town


The past couple of weeks my guilty conscious has played havoc on my constructive energies. It has prevented me from adhering to the tasks at hand even my blogs. My husband reminds me that we are retired and can do whatever we want. I know I have mentioned this before that I have let my household tasks go to pot, but the past couple of weeks have been ridiculous although he doesn't complain. Unfortunate for me, the only outcome from me has been a guilty conscious because I am not motivated even though I know I am delinquent and derelict in my duties to my house. It's the usual stuff although nothing drastic or urgent, just matters of organization and habits, such as, washing clothes, cleaning the kitchen floor, dusting, just those sort of things. The priorities I have managed to do because they are there in the moment, like cleaning the latrine (sounds better than the bathroom, oh, oops, I did say it anyhow!), changing the bed linens, those I am up on - - - but the everyday in your face stuff is squalling out - clean me, do me first, help, clean my spot first! But, I ignore them all and do you know why?

I have become a freak and inhabitant of this d*** computer! Just when I didn't think I would/could find something else to monopolize my free time, Facebook enters my life. Our oldest truck driving son, Don, mentioned it to us a couple of months ago. When both Bob and I signed up and got a pretty good following, Don comments he can't believe we're spending so much time on the page. Well, let me tell you, he was shock when he realized how attached both Bob and I are to Farm Town - an application that goes with Facebook. Don shakes his head in disbelief and I know he thinks we are kookie!! I don't care, really, I haven't told my kids how kookie I think they are sometimes. They seem to have the upper hand of classifying our parenting skills without the realization of how old we are and our accomplishment and the fact we are still alive and kicking. But this post isn't about "them" but more about Farm Town and wasting time.

Oh well, what the heck, does it really matter? It has been fun building a little farm and putting horses, cows, pigs, chickens and all the rest of the little critters on my make believe farm, plus planting crops and meeting the challenge of earning the most coins I can so I can improve and enlarge my make believe farm. Believe me this environment is a better deal than physically working on a farm - been there, and done that, and it is work, hard work, really sweaty work, muscle hurting work and the price is not a money reward but satisfaction of a job well done. And, that is was - it was a joyous adventure and I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Opps, gotta run, Bob just came in and asked me to harvest his crops - we both make more coins if we harvest each others crops. I'm growing cabbage right now and they only take a day and made more coins than any other crops. This is just a make believe game, after all!!!

No comments: