Wednesday, October 7, 2009

People talking to themselves

Our day got started early today with our first appointment at our hair stylist. I went to my very all time favorite Kim and Bob to his barber Frank. Both have a shop in Boulder City. If you have ever came to visit Las Vegas then went to Hoover Dam for the tour, you went through Boulder City. I moved to Las Vegas with my parents when I was the tender age of 16 and grew to love Boulder City - a lot! It is separated from Las Vegas and Henderson by the fact there is no gambling in town allowed as it is in the rest of the state of Nevada. It is a very quaint town and most everyone knows everyone.

I've had Kim as my hair stylist for many years. Her husband works at Hoover Dam and knew my husband when Bob worked at Hoover. The beauty shop is an fabulous place - the best atmosphere I have ever experience in a hair salon anywhere I have lived. The girls all have fun and the clientele are all ages. They even bring in the senior citizen ladies to have their hair done, and if they can't make it in, one of the girls will go to the "home" to do their hair. I also have a blast there - you never know what will be the topic of discussion for the day. Kim is awesome with my "doos" too - she listens and does exactly what I request. No matter! I am so thankful I found her! Today our main discussion was about knee surgery and doctors, but once we covered that topic it was on to other things of importance like thinning eyebrows or men losing weight in their butt rather than their stomach when they are on a diet. You know, the good stuff!!!!!!!!!

Bob and I went from there to Costco. I just had to go today, so I "drugged" up on my medication and took it easy, sitting down when I needed too. It was time to buy Norton Virus for my computers, gads zooks, have you seen the price of the software!!! Holy Macaroni!!! My uncle has a MAC and I asked him if he had to buy virus protection and he doesn't - I don't know, maybe I should think about jumping the PC ship and go Apple next time!!!! Costco usually has good software prices and actually I did check Amazon, etc, and found Costco was the best deal in town.

I was outside waiting for Bob to drive up to pick me up after we had made our pass through the store when I heard a person talking. An attractive young woman bounced passed me and she was talking at a loud volume and for a brief moment I wondered if she was talking to me, but no, as she passed I could see one of those weird thing growing out of her ear. She was a pretty woman but frankly, I am developing a huge pet peeve of those stupid ear things - yes, I do have one that I purchase when we traveled so I wouldn't have to fuss looking for my cell phone when we were on the road - I wasn't the driver either - but I never used it - it is still in the drawer. Society has become so anti-social!!!! There are times when I look at people and their lips are moving and sounds are coming out and they seem to be looking straight at me - I smile, preparing to respond - then I realize they have a blank gaze on their face and there is it - the weird black thingie growing out of their ear..... You know, I enjoy watching people - it's a great past time. I enjoy too, smiling at others or saying hi, or have a great day. I'm a friendly person. I think we need more personal contact - I don't mean we all have to become great friends immediate, but just a hello and a smile goes a long way. We've all got our share of difficulties in our daily life today, it's really nice to share a pleasant moment every once in awhile. Ah, but I guess for some, it would be difficult to give up the pleasures that the communication technology has given us.

I hope you all are well and your life is good. Do take good care. God bless!

No comments: