Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Windows 7

I can't make up my mind. When I bought this HP computer to replace my Sony that went defunct, I knew I wanted the new Windows 7 because even back in April of this year Windows 7 was talked about big time. This machine has Vista and doesn't qualify for a free upgrade as others purchased after July do. I'm pretty computer savvy and couldn't imagine not getting along with any operating system, but I have to tell you I really really don't like Vista - it is slower than my defunct Sony!

But, I am not sure I want to purchase the new OS system, download it myself then have problems, or do I want to haul it into Best Buy and have them do it and be without a computer for a week. I may just wait and wait and wait until I have made up my mind. Bob says to wait until all the kinks have been worked out. Maybe he's right, this time.

Also, I wondered what will happen to all the photos in Vista Window photo gallery. I don't like that application, but I have hundreds of photos captured there. I can't get an answer to that inquiry because Windows 7 will not have the gallery. Good! I'd rather use my Canon camera's software anyhow.

Any suggestions?

No comments: