Sunday, October 4, 2009

Egads! I haven't posted in a long time!

Holy cow! Where has the time gone!!! I've been in a state of non-compliance. The part of my brain that comes up with the ideas and words for my blogs has run away to a far away land of unknown destination. For some odd reason, it returned this morning, who knows why, curious!

Seriously though, I guess, deep down in my psychic I've been worried and when I write I relate through the expressions, maybe! A few weeks back I went to the Bone man doctor to check my left knee. I've been in pain for years, but have tolerated it until recently when it got so bad I was brought to tears continuously. So, after ex-rays and examinations Bone Man Doctor told me I would have to have Total Knee Replacement. We did the cortisone shots just for comfort but that only was a temporary fix. The surgery will have to be done on both knees, but my left is the worse. It is a real mess and you can feel it too - yuck! but sort of cool in a morbid way.

We've tried to get away from the house several times, you know, for a couple of day trip out of town, but the knee just wouldn't give it up, this was before the doctor's appointment. There is a beautiful organic fruit farm up in Utah only a few hours drive from here. They sell delicious Gala apples this time of the year. They also sell lunch sandwiches and organic drinks that are so delicious and unique. The drive up there is so beautiful because it is in the heart of Zion National Park. It would have been so gorgeous this time of the year since it has cooled off here in the desert southwest.

That is a huge disappointment to me AND the fact I cannot go shopping. The last outing to Wal-Mart was a huge disaster for me. Even though I can take pain pills to absorb the brunt of it all at first, it doesn't take long for the medication to wear off and I'm ready to be dragged out of the store crying hideously - so it's best Bob takes over that duty.

Now here's a good one ladies - letting the man do the shopping. Oh Holy Mother of God!!! a true sacrifice for me!!!!!!!!! Please forgive me for being overly religiously expressive, but it pains me deeply to give up one of my biggest treasures in life, I know! I know! I'm being overly-dramatic, probably, but hey, I'm a woman, and that's what I do best - shop!!!! But, I'll give it to my man - Bob - he is a good shopper. His favorite store is Costco, and he is good!!!!! Coupon book and list in hand, man oh man, he can tear through those aisles with the speed of light! No dottling for him, he gets the job done. If there's a question, he doesn't hesitate to call home on his trusty cell phone. He isn't a cell phone person, like, he doesn't have it with him all the time - that's in my job description. But when he shops, he religiously has his phone for any questions or if I come up with a new item we need that I forgot to put on the list in the meantime, I can call.

I picked up a not so expensive MP3 player on Amazon.com - a really small one with only two gigs of memory which may hole about 500 songs or so. I want to take to the hospital with me so I can listen to music. I should be in after surgery for 2 or 3 days. So now I have to fill it will music. I'll take one paperback book - one that is a fast read. Darn-it! I have packed all my good reading books and there's no way we could find the box even though it is marked well. When the painters were coming, we shoved everything in the downstairs that was out in the way into the only two small rooms that weren't being painted. They had been well organized with packed boxes but once the last minute procedure happens of having to shove the rest of the extra stuff in every vacant spot counts and it gets messy! I wouldn't ask Bob to search since his knees are hurting too. I do like Agatha Christie books.

Well, that's it folks, that's pretty much why I've been non-blogging for while. I have kept up with my Farmtown on Facebook only because my husband is addicted to it. It is our retirement fun!!! HA HA! That's as good as it gets right now - that and enjoying granddaughter Alexandra who is growing up too fast. And I am anxiously looking forward to Soldier Tom and his girl Tine coming home for Christmas!!!

Speaking briefly of grandchildren, Alex is at the age of noticing boys, (good grief!!!!). She is a straight A student, very creative, and all that. I am on a diet now, hoping to lose a few pounds before surgery, and as I was drinking an Atkins Protein drink the other day she told me it had too many calories in it and her PE teacher told her diet drinks weren't good for you. So there she was, my granddaughter telling me what was good and not. Even though I showed her on the box that my drink had only 150 calories and very lo sugar, it wasn't enough, her PE teacher was smarter. Oh me! the age of other people are smarter than the "parents" has arrived - again!!! I need a vacation around adults who are on the same brain level and think I am marvelous. But, on the other hand, my 22 year old grandson has told me how smart I was and how he appreciates my advice. Sad, isn't it, you have to wait until they grow up to get a vote of confidence from them!!!!!!! What a beating the ego takes raising children - sometimes!

It's good to be back. I hope you all are well and having a wonderful weekend. Take good care and God bless!

No comments: