Thursday, November 19, 2009

Some things do happen for a reason

Maybe I'm repeating myself and perhaps said this in a previous posting, but you know, it does happen sometimes. When you can't figure out why plans aren't working out appropriately, maybe there's a reason. I guess when it's all said and done we have to follow our "gut" and go with the flow where it's leading ya!

I was so disappointed I couldn't make a trip to Ohio to see my very favorite Aunt who is very ill. She is my mom's sister and we have been buddies since I was a really little kid. When my mom died back in 1986, my Aunt and I seemed to become even closer and became really good friends. Even as sick as she is, we always have a big laugh about something silly when we talk on the telephone - every time.

As it has happened, my hubby went to a skin doctor yesterday and he may have skin cancer. We should have taken care of this long ago, but we've been trying to heal it with methods that have worked before, but not with this spot. The skin doc's opinion was it was cancer, but it will take two weeks for the biopsy to come back. My hubby's grandfather had skin cancer and it was taken care of without anything serious resulting. Bob isn't worried but we are concerned. I hope we haven't waited too long.

So, had we gone on the trip, this is one appointment we wouldn't have made.

The week has been successful and we've gotten a lot done around the place getting the house in order for the holidays. I have all the stuff purchased for Thanksgiving dinner except for the pumpkin pie and we'll get that next week from Costco. Bob and I worked downstairs and straightened up the rooms - sorted out the boxes which were stacked all in the center of the room so the painters could do the walls and ceiling. We moved the ping pong table to a more appropriate space and I'll rearrange the other boxes and furniture to a comfortable arrangement so the kids can have fun downstairs. I love to play ping pong, but the table has been put up for a couple months as we are so slow getting to our projects. With Tom and Tine coming for Christmas and Don will be here too, and Suz, the kids will enjoy playing. So glad we got that done.

My total knee replacement surgery is totally on the back burner. Don't know where I'll get to it now. Bob's knees are hurting him worse than mine - but he works harder than me as he is a self-appointed workaholic. Me, I take it easier than he does, although he does take more naps than I do. Our dieting started out fabulous for two months, then we fell off the wagon for a few days. Holy cow, it's been tough getting back on that baby!!!! We're trying hard together to follow the routine we did at first because it worked.

Well, I'd better get in the living room with Bob. We bought Star Trek, the new movie, today. There doesn't seem to be anything worth watching on TV tonight, so we'll watch that.

Hope you and your family are all well. Take good care. God bless.

No comments: