Wednesday, November 25, 2009

They say it happens in "3s"

It is an absolutely beautiful day before Thanksgiving. It's quiet in the house for the time being - I am grateful for the quiet times and too, for the times when the family's all here laughing and talking about whatever is on their mind. I know that life is short and we never know what tomorrow will bring.

However, today was the day of two bad announcements - one was sort of expected, and the other was inevitable, I think! The first, my son who is not working came in and said his car was being repossessed. The truck was here to pick it up, but some legal matters gave him the opportunity to wait a day or two - - don't ask me, I've never had this problem and I'd rather not know anymore than that! We are not in a position to help him financially - he knew this was possible, and today was the day. It is very alarming to me although I am quiet about it but maybe he will get off his butt and do something. As a retired person on limited income, adult children can't depend on parents to rescue them every time they get in a mess. Living in my home and helping with a grandchild is plenty help, in my humble opinion.

The second shoe to hit the floor was also expected - Bob got the call this morning from the Skin Cancer doctor's office - and yes, the sore on his face he had checked and biopsied last week, is cancerous. I know it is a simple procedure to go in and cut the cancer out as an outpatient in the doctor's office. Bob's grandfather had the same problem. He did later develop more serious cancer in another area, but I don't think it was linked.

So, needless to say, what started out as a very pleasant day, has Bob very upset - probably more upset about our son than his own condition. I'm trying to be as up beat as can be, not being upset so that we can have a nice family get together over turkey tomorrow.

Such is life, sometimes we are the source and reason for our problems and sometimes, it just is what it is. I don't know what my son will do - but it is up to him to deal with it. As far as Bob, we will do what we have to do. His appointment is in two weeks to see the surgeon.

Tom and Tine will be home on the 23rd and I can't wait to see them. Christmas decorations will go up soon and Christmas cards will soon be in the mail - no! I haven't started writing them yet, but I do intend to get them out early this year and not at the last minute like I usually have the past couple of years.

Hope you are having a good day and all is well at your place. Please keep our family in your prayers, I would really appreciate it! God bless!

1 comment:

AshBrensMom said...

Hello Jean! I work for a Dermatologist (have for almost 13 years now) Was it a Basal Cell or Squamous Cell cancer? The only kind to truly worry about is Melanoma.

Squamous cell if left alone, can become problematic, and all skin cancers can recur, but for the most part it's nothing but a little more than what the doc did before. Little wider, little deeper, but still taken care of the same, and then it's gone.

He's of perfect skin type and hair and eye color to develop these.

Good on him for having spots looked at!