Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turkey count down - 4...3...2...

It rained here today - Allelulia! It has rained almost all day and that is so grand! We have been in a drought condition for a couple of years now and we do have water rationing. We need lots and lots of rain as well as lots of snow up in the mountains. One of these days we'll get an answer to our prayers.

Well, I'm right on schedule with planned chores today except for putting the turkey in the marinate which I'll do before I go to bed. We had pizza for dinner and opened a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau we purchased at Costco. I was surprised to see this particular wine in the large selection of wines Costco carries. We have purchased this wine every year from one of our favorite stores and this was a first from Costco. Some years the taste of the wine is absolutely awesome but this year it was alright, enjoyable but I didn't get excited over this taste. We did purchase several bottles to put aside. It isn't expensive. It is a French red wine, and we do enjoy it and look forward to this time of the year when our local liquor stores stock the wine. The bottles always have a unique label and to me that is an additional reason for collecting.

I hope you've had a good day today and have a good night's sleep and rest well.

No comments: