Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday evening with George Strait & Favorites

It's been a full day with some accomplishments - did check off some stuff that's been muttering "me next!, me me me!" yes, finally crossed through those things. Bob moved some furniture in Tom's room so we could fit in my nice typing table that Alexandra and I will use to make jewelry. We can spread our jewelry making stuff out and not have to worry about putting stuff away. This was my biggest accomplishment but the day took a turn for the worse when a heavy piece of wood fell on my foot that was the letters and a coat holder spelled out in the letters THOMAS.

My foot is really swollen tonight coupled with the fact my leg has been in pain all week - my regular doc said I had water on the knee but he didn't do anything about it on my last visit. I fell down twice and I'm sure now all that is coming to light. The first time was a few years back when I was taking classes at night at the Community College. We were walking up carpeted stairs that had little strips of lights, but they curved and I didn't see it - I tripped and hit my head and landed lopsided on my knees. They hurt for weeks on end. I didn't go to the doc then - I didn't want an ambulance, but had to sign a paper saying I wouldn't sue the school. The last time I fell was in my kitchen on my slick kitchen tile floor - it was wet and I went a flying. The knee got infected and doc gave me an antibiotic and that was the last of it until now. Hoping in a few days it will get better if not I'm off to the knee doc - he knows our family personally. Husband Bob and Son Don has been in to see him and had surgery several times - so we're old pros at joint pain. I'm limping around like Festus did on Gunsmoke with Jim Arness. When I was younger I never had accidents and I was active. We had a farm and I was all over the hay wagon, doing tobacco, running cattle and pigs, and running after my kids too. Old age stinks!

Bob has picked up the slack on the tasks at hand, no big deal stuff, just odds and ends. I appreciate his help very much. Son Don has just stopped by for a short stop. He's come up from Phoenix and has to be in Salt Lake City - he's my truck driving son. It's always nice to see him regardless of how long he's here. Kev's working a night shift so we're responsible for granddaughter Alex. Don will aggravate her and she will tease him. She loves it when he stops by.

I haven't had much time to be back here in my back office alone without any interruptions so I can play Geo
rge loud and sing off key to his music. Bob bought me George's new CD "Twang" for my birthday. There are several really good songs. George is good candy for these old eyes and I love his music - he gives his fans a variety of styles, so you never know what's next with him.

I also enjoy the smooth selection from the Eagles CD, and then there's Sting and Chris Botti - sweet!

I hope you are having a very nice weekend - a very special time for our country in many aspects. May God bless and keep you safe . Take good care.

No comments: