Friday, September 18, 2009

The sound of quiet

Candy to my ears - no noise, no TV, no radio, or music, no one hammering or mowing the lawn or construction work. No yelling or shouting, no traffic, just quiet. It is rare here in our home. I know it's a lot to be thankful for - to have a home that grandchildren can grow up in, but there are those moments when quiet is a diamond moment. This is it right now. Awwwwwwww! taking it all in.

The sun is setting and there are a few hummingbirds getting their last licks from the feeders. They are amazing - they are up early and still feeding way after dark and the other birds have settle in their designated trees.

This has been a very busy week. Bob celebrated his 68th birthday yesterday. A quiet one by most standards. We did go out to eat at our favorite pizza place - Metro Pizza, but we had the birthday cake celebration tonight - it was a time factor yesterday. He was melancholy yesterday and a little depressed today - I don't know if it was the age thing or the health age thing. He has accomplished a lot in his lifetime. I know how he feels though, we do wish we were at a different place in our life, but sometimes there are things we can't change. There are times when we should be thankful for what we have but not give up hope.

I'm going to to doctor for my leg on Monday, gosh, I can't wait - what a pain in the butt it's been dealing with this. I'm not one to give in to pain, but as I've gotten older I sometimes feel like a big baby. Oh well, we just keep on plugging don't we as long as we can.

Soldier Tom's birthday is in a little over a week. He and his gal Tine are so full of energy and we are so dull compared to their lifestyle. He said to me that we are at the age we don't want to celebrate birthdays anymore. I don't know where he got that idea, I don't mind it, but would just like to have a big party but no one around here knows how to give a big fun party so its the same ole thing. My husband is a quiet man with a sense of humor and I am grateful for him from the bottom of my heart to my tippy toes. I am blessed to have him in my life and to celebrate birthdays with him.

Weekend breaking in on us again, where do the days go! Hope you have a great one, keep safe, God bless.

No comments: