Monday, February 1, 2010

Not much happening......

Sitting here watching winter sports on the TV with the sound off - do ever get tired of the noise? As I've written before there are several people who live here besides me and Bob, so there's always noise or so it seems. Sometimes you get to the point where you don't even hear anything, then all of a sudden it's like your brains wakes up and tells your ears "boy, it's noisy!" I guess I did that tonight. We're watching the Luge and a guy just slipped off his sled, slidding the snowy path, wheeee.

I love the downhill in skiing. The participants posturing is so beautiful. I also enjoy the speed skating - awesome. I guess I prefer the winter sports to the summer.

Bob has finished his radiation treatments but he's been very tired and not feeling in good spirits. It's all a part of the treatment, that's what I hear. Its okay because there's nothing pressing for him to worry about - I'm glad. If there was stuff to be done then he would really be upset. Sometimes things work out for the best although I wouldn't say being ill is for the best, but timing is everything - gee, that's bizarre. I am digging a deeper hole, so I'll just move on.

It's unreal to face the fact this is the first of February already. I accomplished some tasks in January but not enough certainly to brag about - but I stuck to my list and goals, so that's something. Valentine's Day will be here before I know it - I'd better get to the store and get Bob a card. I don't know if we'll do anything special, but we should. We spend so much time with our kids and grandkids that we do need to be alone, maybe a night at the Hampton Inn. There is a Hampton Inn near our Costco store, maybe we could go there - the Hampton Inn to spend the night, not the Costco, although Costco is Bob's favorite place to go!!! He doesn't feel like driving out of town right now. It would be a hoot!! It would seem more likely to go to one of the hotels on the strip but the Las Vegas strip will be packed on Valentine's day - its a big time for couples getting married.

I spotted two beautiful yellow crocus in the front flower bed and the hyacinths are popping out of the ground. We have so many robins and the doves and quails are eating the grass seed Bob scattered on the front lawn. Spring is right around the corner from our house.

I am pleased to announce through my Facebook postings and searches I located a grandson I haven't seen in over 10 years. His mother was disturbed with my son, the grandson's father, over money and before I knew it she stopped talking to me - this was right after my son Brian died too. I could never figure that one out because we had been good friends. I haven't heard anything from my grandson other than we are "friends" on Facebook and I am thankful for that - it's something for now.

I hope your life is good and you are well. May God bless you with His abundant blessings and keep you safe and healthy.

No comments: