Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

It's 8 AM, just finished watching our usual Sunday morning program and now Bob is taking out the trash and will feed the birds, then back to bed. We woke up and GOT up at 3:30 this morning - it is the craziest thing. I guess it's a bad habit we've started but when you're retired and have no where to go, who cares, it really doesn't make any difference how many naps you take or how long you sleep.

Since Christmas, it's been pretty quiet around here - Bob did have to get up and out of the house early when we was taking his radiology treatments, but they are finished. And the treatments made him extremely tired, so there was a reason for the weariness, but normally, it's just a "whatever' kind of lazy environment around here.

Our Valentine's day has started off differently than any of the others in the past - there's no chocolates, no flowers - although we did buy a potted mum plant to replace one that passed away and he wanted to leave it on the table "to enjoy" for awhile - he said. We're not going out to eat, but I do plan on cooking him pancakes if he will prepare the rest - he likes a big breakfast, I don't. So, that is our agreement, and I'll see about the rest of the day and maybe come up with something special for dinner. I'll have to check out the freezer for ribs or something.
It looks like spring outside and it is a beautiful day. There are lots of birds hanging around, feeding and doing their spring thing. We started walking finally. I am a disaster at exercising. I use to go to the gym and do aerobics for an hour then ride the exercise bike for 30 minutes. Heck now I'm lucky to walk it around our part of our acre property that is vacant twice without breathing hard. Of course, we both still have the knee problems which we haven't done anything about yet, but if we take it easy it's okay. I am making a concerted effort to change my activity this spring and with Bob's support, I will succeed. Knee surgery is on hold for both of us - for now.

We did buy lovely Valentine's cards for each other although it was at the same time, at the same store. Boy, that was uncomfortable and sort of funny! He had to leave the area as I searched and I had done the same for him. After we got home I had Kevin take Bob's card out of the bag so Bob could hide it. Seems sort of goofy! We haven't exchanged the cards yet - probably over pancakes this morning - oh, he did suggest going out for coffee and Crispy Creme donuts for breakfast, but I declined, rather eat at home.

I hope you have a lovely day! Take care and God bless.

No comments: