Monday, February 15, 2010

Time to clean house


A couple of things...................Hope you had a special Valentine's Day yesterday! Granddaughter went to her friend's house I'm so glad, she needs to be around kids her age more often. We finally decided to go out to eat, I didn't even make pancakes for breakfast. Went to Metro Pizza, our favorite place to eat, a tad pricey, but service is terrific and food outstanding. Nice time.

Must get in gear and get some spring cleaning and clear out going. The temp is warming up here in southern desert area, so maybe that's a stimulant to get busy. Only three plus some months and the kids - Tom and Tine will be home, so as slow as I work these days, I'd best get on it. They'll be with us until they find someplace permanent to live. Both will work and go to college full time, and we'll have our grand-dog too - yippee - really, can't wait! I miss having a dog in the house. We've had some kind of animal since we were first married. After my yellow lab, Angel, died a couple years ago, Bob said no more until we move - especially for showing the house when it's up for sale - don't know when that will be.

My thought for today has been centered on regrets. Do you have regrets? Do you wish you had made a decision differently when it was in your control - but you made it one way and look back and regretted the choice.

I have several regrets, admittedly my choices were my decision without any pressure. The most recent was several years ago. I made a decision to go in a direction taking a job which seemed the safest at the time and with that came opinions about the previous job. I am easily led and have a big mouth. I regret my actions so much because I lost a good friendship. There was a lot to this particular experience, but I know in my heart how I behaved, what I did and what I said was tacky. I am gullible. Now I am living with a guilty conscience. I have attempted to patch it up, but it's not happening. This was one of those things where you learn the lesson to be responsible for what you say and to guard your opinions because they can come back to haunt you.

Busy Monday here in our household. Beautiful sunny day out, temps up near the 70s. Gathering things to give to Charity - we have lots of things we need to clear out and I don't do yard sales. Clear outs are my focus this week. Need to clean out the spring flower beds too. The spring bulbs have about four inch growths on them and there's winter debris around them which is a distraction. Bob and I will work together today to accomplish a few enjoyable necessary tasks.

Hope you are all well and life is good where ever you are. May God bless you abundantly with good health and a great day. Take care.

No comments: