Sunday, September 14, 2008

Did you ever have one of those days?

Well, today is one of those days I would like to run away to a faraway place. Nothing seems to soothe my soul and everything agitates. How to handle one of these moods is a solution I haven't come across even at my old age. If you have a solution, please make a comment!!!

It is a beautiful Sunday. Couldn't ask for a nicer day. It feels like fall outside. The desert summer heat is almost gone. This is the best time of the year to live in this area. We could use some of that rain from the hurricane though. I wonder why the clouds never drift this way - why do they go west to east? I'm still waiting on a water pipeline from the flooded areas. The intellectuals in many countries can construct a huge over cost machine to duplicate the big bang but they won't help the places that need water. Where are humanities priorities?

Today my patience is thin. There are small happenings in my environment that occur and I want to scream but as I've grown older I know reacting to my immediate impulses only create more horrifying situations that are more difficult to solve or cure. So, its best to suck it up or run away from it.

There is a planned ending to this anxiety but it is time away. At my age and the way I feel sometimes I wonder if I'll make it. Having a dream is becoming less and less of a possible reality. I guess that sounds like doom and gloom but that's how I feel today. Putting positive thinking on the back burner. If you started reading this blog in a good mood , I know you are thinking "boy, what a downer" and maybe I should have warned you. But, don't we all have "one of those days" and I think so - today is my day.

I'm not sure how I will escape. The photos I'm showing are just a few places we've been and where I dream of going again. Today I will escape to some of those places if only in my thoughts.

I hope today is a good one for you. I will feel better tomorrow because this mood always passes. Maybe it's good to have "one of those days" because we can appreciate tomorrow.

Take care.

No comments: