Monday, September 15, 2008

Fun with Grandchildren

There are many things you can do to have fun with kids, but one of my most favorite of all times and forever is bubble blowing. I can't remember when I haven't had a jar of bubbles with a wand somewhere. I enjoy doing this fun thing I think more than the kids.

We have a huge driveway. In the late afternoon when the sun has gone down and we are waiting for Alex's dad to come home we open the garage doors and sit out where it is cooler and bring on the fun stuff. Alex loves to draw on the driveway. We keep plenty of chalk available because she draws large pictures with loving messages.Maybe it's the child in me, but I'd love to be out blowing bubbles every afternoon. It gives Alex an opportunity to exercise and ride her bike or scooter rather than watching TV or be on the computer. It's not always easy because we have several months of very hot weather, too hot to be doing much of anything outside. So, now that the temperatures are cooling down, I look forward to hauling out the lawn chairs and the tools of our fun and enjoying the late afternoon outside playing games with my grandchildren

1 comment:

Miss Feisty said...

I, too, love blowing bubbles! Something about it is so relaxing & immediately takes me back to my youth (and that's pretty darn hard to do!)