Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tom's Birthday

Yes, Tom's birthday is September 29, and I was there when he was born. After having four births myself, it was awesome to actually be awake and active helping my daughter deliver my special grandson - Thomas (for Doubting Thomas the Apostle and Thomas Magnum the movie star whose name also includes Sullivan), Tom's middle name is Gregory after the great Pope Gregory.
I promised as Tom was waiting inside his mother's womb to be born that I would bake him chocolate chip cookies - well, I failed because it is Grandpa who bakes him cookies now.

Tom will be celebrating his 21st birthday in Iraq at Camp Taji. We are hoping he has a great time even though he is out there on the desert without much to do. He has some great battle buddies that I am sure will have a surprised or two for him.
If he was home we would take him out to his favorite place to eat then have a giant chocolate chip cookie cake for his celebration - oh - that's what I sent to him for his birthday cake. I found a company that ships those cookie cakes to soldiers - its an M&M chocolate chip cookie cake - I hope it arrived in good condition. He has tons of friends here so we know he would be celebrating big time with his friends if he was here.
Tom is the type of guy who can have a good time no matter where he is - he is the absolute life of the party and always has been the class clown. He can make you laugh even if you are in the worse mood of your life.
We hope you are having a grand time on your birthday, Tom. We love you lots and miss you more. May God always keep you safe and protest you and your fellow soldiers.

No comments: