Friday, October 3, 2008

What a week!!

I thought last week was a bummer, but man oh man this one was a doosey!

We had two birthdays - Tom's was on the 29th, he celebrated his 21st birthday in Iraq. The 30th was son Brian's birthday. If he was still alive he would have been 42 years old. Brian died 8 years ago. I can only imagine the kind of life he would have had if he hadn't of had the accident. He would have been a wonderful husband and terrific father. We didn't have to imagine that he was a good son because he was very thoughtful and caring.

We anxiously waited for the Palin-Biden Debate last night. It was awesome. Actually, we really enjoyed it. Both candidates were very civil to each other and we learned a great deal from both their comments. It was wonderful to see the families together on the stage - it was a wonderful scene. The Bidens seem like very friendly and warm people. We are for Sarah Palin and John McCain. I was pleased to see that there was no attacking. I am so tired of all the bickering from both sides - but it is the way it is.

The worse time of this week was when I fell. I am so agitated with myself, when I was young I was so limber and never fell and hurt myself but since I've gotten old it happens so often. The hose under the kitchen sink blasted away from the connection and water was pouring out every where fast. I slid on the slick floor where the water had spread and I landed spread eagle - hard. Thank you God for no broken bones but I landed on my left knee. It's been pretty painful for a couple of days. I didn't go to the hospital because nothing was broken - only my spirit but it sure does hurt. As I've gotten older, I crave sympathy and attention and Bob has been very attentive. Thank you!

We're all surviving and we're well so I guess that's pretty good. We do have a lot to be thankful for - and so we do give thanks to God. We're also praying for this election to be fair.

You all take care. Hope things are good at your place.

No comments: