Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday Nite Fever

Let's go disco dancing! Yeah, alright! Bring on those silky shirts and my dancing shoes and we'll rock oops disco the night away!

Actually, I never did disco - I was in between doing the jitterbug and ball room dancing and the twist and the monkey - yes, there was such a dance in the 60s, but then getting married and having babies was as far as I got to doing anymore rocking around. I did dance around the house with my babies to smooth beat songs but I could never get the hang of pointing my finger in the air then down as I was swinging my hips. Bob had a couple of those disco shirts that my dad gave to him - egads, it took years for Bob to finally get rid of them.

But, it is Saturday and there won't be any dancing of any sorts - maybe wishful thinking of dancing on the stars, and no, I don't mean Dancing with the Stars. There once was a time when I was a great dancer and my dance card was always filled, but age and a rearrangement of "my figure" changed it all. Bob and I tried to "cut a rug" every so often, but he gets out of breath and so do I and it takes a hour to recuperate. He has asthma. My brother and his wife joined a dancing club and they had a great time. I do miss doing stuff like that.

No big plans for the weekend for us. Bob has left for his guitar lesson. He's doing pretty good and really is enjoying playing and learning and singing too. It is another gorgeous fall day here in southern Nevada. We sat out on the swing this morning, I am grateful for Bob's ability to build things. He is very good. I come up with the ideas and he makes them a reality - we make a good team.

There's no news from here. I iM'd (instant messaged) Tom yesterday (Iraq), he's doing fine. I have sent him so much candy and snacks of all sorts and the Sunday comics and he's alerted me he has plenty now. He said the candy interferes with his manly figure - those were my words. They do provide a work out gym with pretty good equipment and he makes use of his spare time keeping physically fit. Tom always has been pretty conscious of what he eats and tries to eat only healthy food. He is a unique person and is a lot of fun to have around. He has a positive aura about him.

I hope you have a good day today and something nice happens to make it an even better day. Take good care.

No comments: