Monday, October 13, 2008

Oh the dread of it!!!!

Two dreads occurring on the same day, how unlucky and unfortunately. Bill paying - icky poo! So glad when its done but sure don't like doing the balancing act. I know a lot of friends have it bad this month with the stock market performing outrageously bad. They say to hold tight, but I know that is easier said than done, and whose advice can you trust. The ones you thought you could trust are the one's who ran off with the money!!!

Heading to the doctors this afternoon, my leg turned worse off. I spend yesterday reclining with a cold pack on the swollen knee and had a chance to listen to my Harry Potter audio tapes. Bob watched Iron Man - I preferred to listen and catch up with Harry. I thought Iron Man would be like all the rest of the adventure films and I wasn't in the mood for it. But, after sneaking peeks at the scenes from across the room as I listened to my audio, I had second thoughts it didn't look too bad after all. Later in the evening Bob asked if I wanted to watch as he wouldn't mind watching it a second time. I had heard that Robert Downey, Jr., did a great job and I have to agree. I haven't cared too much for him in earlier films and haven't seen anything of him recently, but as Iron Man I give him an A+. Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper the assistant, played a really good part. It wasn't outrageously extravagant but a good role. I was surprised to see Jeff Bridges - I didn't know he was one of the actors until after the movie, he really looks different as the villain - oops, shouldn't have said that, but he played his role superb. Would recommend if you haven't seen it already. Good movie, and I'm sure they'll be a second.

I love Harry Potter and have read the first couple of books and listened to the audio tapes of the rest of the stories. I have trouble keeping up with who who's and I am grateful for the websites that list the character and other Harry Potter information. I have CRS which is normal for my senior age and need a reference point to carry on when I forget what I read yesterday.

Its a beautiful fall day here in Henderson and at the Sullivans. Alls quiet on the home front. Hope its good at your place and this week brings you and yours many special wonderful surprises. Take care.

No comments: