Sunday, October 26, 2008

Time for Christmas packages

The chatter I am picking up on the military blogs is about sending Christmas packages to the troops. I received an email from our local Blue Star Mother's group about the addresses of the troops, so I know they are getting their stuff together. I don't know what the latest date is to send, but I know I will be sending Tom's boxes out within the next couple of weeks. He has admanently told me not to send him anything, but then in second breath he knows that falls on deaf ears.

Although Tom and I have been emailing and iMing (instant messaging) I hadn't actually written to him via snail mail since September before his birthday. I've been down in the dumbs then I fell and hurt my leg. So, now I think my brain is as active as its going to get right now. Yesterday we took four envelopes to the post office for Tom. If an envelope weighs over a pound then you have to do that customs slip, but one postal worker made me fill one out when the postage was less but I used a large envelope and I only had newspaper clippings and a long letter. So this time I separated everything and included a Halloween card. I would send Halloween decorations but I'm not sure how that would go over in Iraq with their traditions. We are going to send him Christmas stuff though and I'll also send Thanksgiving decorations too. Suz will send him a tree and I will find other stuff from the crafts store to send him so he can decorate his room.

This will be Tom's first Christmas away from home. He did come home last year when he was at Ft. Bragg. It will really be lonely without him. He's so much fun to be with. We love and miss him so much.

Well, this day is almost over. The weather has been fabulous. I finished reading 99% of the newspapers and magazines that have stacked up. I have made a pact with myself not to watch much of the news - only Brit Hume and maybe Bill O'Reilly. I don't want to be upset this week, I've been all tore up over the campaign stuff. I do love Sarah Palin and really hope McCain wins.

I really do hope you have a very good week and things go your way. I'll say a prayer for you. God bless you always. Take good care.

No comments: