Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Granddaughter

I just read another Grandmother's blog and I thought I would mention about one of my special granddaughters. This granddaughter lives with us. She is a happy child even though her parents are separated. She is pleasant and always has something nice to say. She spends the majority of her down time drawing and they are always about family and friends and are positive. When we say our bedtime prayers, she has a litany of people she prays for, some she hasn't seen for years, including all the people of a church she once attended far away.

When her dad drives her to school in the morning, we stand outside and wave goodbye and throw kisses - this is a routine I've had since I sent my own kids off to school thirty years ago - and as I sent my husband off to work too. As my son is driving away, you see only her sweet smiling face looking out the back seat window. She is saying things like "have a great day" and she is throwing kisses too. It is one of those unique mental photos which is embedded in my memory and as I recall this sight, it bring tears to my eyes. Her smile and good humor is contagious. She is even more special to me because I was there when she was born. God has certainly blessed me.

2 comments:

Call Me Grandma said...

Grandkids are our reward for being parents.
There is nothing in this world like a grandchild.
Glad you have such a sweetheart in your life.

Unknown said...

My two grandgirls (one more to arrive in January) are the absolute lights of my soul. The sweet voices, the eyes filled with joy and wonder, the tender touch of hodling their hand as we walk to the window looking for birds.
Beautiful post!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...