Sunday, September 14, 2008

The doctor's office scale

I went to the doctor this week for my pre-annual checkup. I dreaded this visit for weeks. The very first thing you have to do and I knew it and dreaded it as the nurse led me to the stupid digital scale. Weighing in then an eye check is next, then a heart check, memory check, and breathing, and I was done. I didn't worry about most of the stuff on the list but its the damn scale I hate with a passion!!!! I had been a good girl on my weight watcher plan, well, except that being a good girl ended last February. But, but, but, what is a stress eater suppose to do! Huh! Tell me before it's too late....I know the weight watcher program should have taught me something, well, it didn't except that those little bags of cookies for 2 points turn into more points if you eat two plus bags. Where is the good fairy of discipline when I need her/him...........

I tried taking up drinking. I love Margaretta's and other things but after two drinks I can't see the rug in front of me and I laugh all the time. I thought about substituting Margaretta's for cookies and I need the acid in the lime the drink is mixed with but I don't like the feeling when I wake up at 2 am and have to go wee wee. I wake up at 2 am anyhow, but there's something different about downing a couple or more of Margaretta's and how you feel afterwards and I surely don't want to wake up my husband at that time of the morning. I can pretty much talk him into anything but I think waking him up because I am feeling my tequila and am sprawled out on the floor before the bathroom throne would NOT be a good thing!!! (just kidding - I thought the sprawled out sounded funny!)

So there you are and there I was - on that damn scale - I know, I'm stuck on that description but what else is there for that stupid machine that creates so much distress in so many people. I think it would be a better idea if they would write down our opinion of what we think we weigh! Isn't that a terrific idea!!

1 comment:

Miss Feisty said...

Too funny!!!

I agree...I hate the scale like I hate eating liver!

And, I'm also a stress-eater, so you can just imagine :)