Monday, August 3, 2009

Four & a half months plus a few days until Christmas


Geez, its hot outside, must be humidity in the air too, temp not as high as last week, thank goodness. Nothing exciting happening here - same ole stuff. I did realize today the heat really affects Bob's attitude. Generally, he is a very polite and calm individual but today at the Wal-Mart check out lane, he was snappy at the clerk. I was asking the clerk about a price and Bob as usual wasn't wearing his hearing aids and was concentrating on the ATM machine which usually doesn't want to recognize his number - its a very used card - so his frustration showed up in his responses. I do have empathy for him, knowing that when you can't understand or hear what is going on around you, it can be confusing. The clerk was a nice guy. He had an old timey Peace symbol around his neck. I would have commented but then its becomes an even bigger distraction for Bob although Bob is accustomed to me talking a lot but I shouldn't be distracting the clerk at check out time.


Getting old is really for the birds. Literally! When you lose your hearing it is disturbing not understanding what is going on around you. Also, our knees and other parts of our body have decided to shut down at various times. Although, I will say, as we were going into the store this afternoon there was a couple going in along side us - this lady was much older than I and man-oh-man she was moving! Her husband was trailing along behind a few feet so I backed off to let him catch up to her.

I've gotten lazy this year but I've made a pact with Bob to get active. Things have been despondent not knowing what to do about this house and dealing with our adult children's problems, and a bunch of other stuff, but hey you know what? Life is too darn short to let those things mess up a good day!!!!!

So, here's hoping you are well and are having a great day! May God bless you abundantly with your everyday needs and then a little extra. Take care!

No comments: