Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Time keeps on slipping


Have you ever fallen asleep while sitting at the keyboard? I did just a few minutes ago -the reason being I am very tired. I read a blog yesterday about a young woman who was loosing sleep because she missed her dog who had to be put to sleep. I responded because I understood. But, last night my loss of sleep is related to organization. Don't you just hate it when you take your "work" to bed with you!!!!

Yesterday the painter man came to finalize our plans to paint the interior of the house. I haven't yet heard from the painter scheduler man to know exactly when the painting crew will converge into our home, but I was told maybe in two weeks. We have a big home with lots of pictures and lots of nik naks and stuff that has to be packed out of the way. So, last night, my brain decided to do some planning and organizing.

But wait! that wasn't all. Then I decided to worry about Tom. Don't ask! It's a "mother" thing - life, love, happiness, future, and all that jazz. And, that's not all - I got the heebie jeebies and heard noises in the house. Forget it now - they'll be no sleeping tonight!!!! And there pretty much wasn't any sound sleeping. Maybe catnaps, I'd wake up and look at the clock and think, aw heck, I don't want a cup of coffee this early and I'd doze off for a few more minutes. Finally, I couldn't take it and was up at 5, which isn't too bad, considering.

My brain is filled with organization this morning and I've attempted to pass all that information on to Bob, to rejuvenate him, motivate him, but, no way - he slept very well last night. The lessons I learned when I was in business will be put on hold until my office staff consisting of one - Bob, and I can sit down and put the daily dish of to-dos on paper. We have way too many things to do in a short period of time and unless it's written, we will forget then we will panic!

Right now, I am going to take a nap.

No comments: