Saturday, August 1, 2009

Now I'm feeling Old

August First - eligible for Medicare, the card is now in effect. What is 65 suppose to feel like? If it weren't for the arthritis, other elder pains, and getting more forgetful, I could say I don't feel like I'm ready for medicare. I'm not 65 YET and don't claim it until my birthday in a couple of weeks.

I'm a true Leo. I've just found out several other acquaintances are Leos too and I can see those traits in them. Bob, my husband, is Virgo, and a good Virgo too. I'm not really into the sign business seriously, it is just sorta interesting how it is the traits they place on a sign seems to fit the birthday personality.

I'd love to go to Disneyland but I'm sure we won't at least not now - really it's too hot, in the fall would be better. Hopefully, we'll have the painters in during that time. We've decided on a business that has a crew rather than a one man job. The business has all the insurance and coverage should something go wrong.

I am split into two personalities - one that cries and one that is excited. The one that cries is crying because she has to sell a home that has so many memories - but forgets the real reason for selling to downsize both for room size and expense. The excited one can't wait to sell and get settled somewhere then travel, travel, and more travel.

It's been hotter than hades here - we've stayed in the house except to go shopping or swimming. One day trip to Wal-Mart resulted in a dead truck battery after returning from shopping and it was a miserably hot, hot, hot day. Both Bob and I felt awful to start out - the heat is rough on respiratory problems to begin with. But, it did all end out good, we called triple A, forgetting that Wal-Mart has batteries, but they probably would take time to install it, but AAA carries batteries for sale, they install it, so Bob was very thankful for that task completion. I am too.

A beautiful yellow bird just came by my window. I've never seen one like it before and I didn' t have my camera. We sat out on the porch this morning and I hear a bird singing and the sound was similar to a canary, so I am wondering if this yellow bird was, in fact, the one that was singing such a beautiful melody.

Hope you all are well and life is good at your place. God bless.

No comments: