Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Best Made Plans can go assunder!

I've broken my rule of a "no bloggin" until Sunday twice. Can't help it. Actually we've all been under the weather with a cold bug and it has attacked each one of us. I am feeling well enough today to get some stuff done around the house, gads, I hate being sick especially when there's nothing on TV. The cost of cable TV is ridiculous and its seems even more ludicrous when you actually want to watch TV which I never do during the day. I can fall asleep with the TV on even when it's a program I love - hate that when I miss the last 10 minutes of a good show.

Speaking of TV - we've gotten hooked on NCIS, we've gone from CSI-Miami, to Las Vegas, then NY. And, then there's NUMBERS on Friday night. I was determinted not to watch NCIS because of Mark Harmon - he was married to Ricky Nelson's daughter and there was a big stink about their kids. I love Ricky Nelson, so became biased and lead easily negatively when I read the gossip about Harmon. But, the ratings for NCIS has been very high and we decided to try it out. The acting is terrific, good plot on every show. I especially like role Cote de Pablo of Ziva, she has a great singing voice too. It would be difficult for me to pick out one favorite because they each play a good part. The show is always interesting and entertaining.

I postponed the real estate agent's visit until Monday because we all are sickly. I think I am calling in an agent too soon. If the President's stimulus plan won't hit until April, it will still be a couple of months after that before anything will be felt in the economy. We have a lot of things to do in the house before we can sell - paint the interior and new floors in the kitchen and den, and I still have loads of packing to do before I can have the painters in, so the timing may work out - - unless the stimulus doesn't work for the economy especially affecting house prices and increasing jobs. We have a low price point set that we won't sell below so we will set the price so we can be flexible. Some houses are selling higher than I expected up here in our neighborhood. Our neighbor is selling her home too. So I will watch the progress of the sale of her home with great interest. She has less interior square footage, but other amenities that we don't have. This is a area with lots of horses and our property is perfectly suited for raising horses.

I received an email from Soldier Tom this week. They may be leaving Iraq earlier than expected. But, he may not be home until June rather than May - but, he may have a 30 day leave. He is very anxious to get back to the states and to come home. I wish Bob and I could make it to Ft. Bragg to see him get off the plane, but we can't do it right now. We have been to Ft. Bragg. We hauled Tom's car to him. It was a great trip and we enjoyed visiting the base. We have been fortunate to visit every base where he has been stationed. I enjoy seeing the museums and other historical monuments on all of the bases. We have been fortunate to have contact with Tom often because of the computer. He has a video cam so we can experience his presence first hand.

Daughter Suzanne is settled in the group home. She's having her struggles with the people, but that's the way it is with Suz. She has difficulty adjusting to other's rules. She has been on real high powered medication, one in particular. She had an appointment with her physician yesterday, so I'm hoping he could help her. We moved her out of her apartment and got her stuff into a storage room. We have met some of the others who live in the group home. Each one has their own problems, each different from the other. A difficult situation. Distressing when it's your daughter.

Hope each of you are well and life is good for you. There's been some good news on some of the blogs that I visit. I give thanks to God especially for the blessings He has brought into your lives. I may not comment in your blogs but I do pray for your needs to be fulfilled. God bless you all and God bless America in this difficult time. Especially, God bless our leaders, may he give them the wisdom to make good decisions and protect them from harm.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Prayers, prayers and more prayers are lifted for your family!
Stay Strong!
Pray Hard!
~AM

Call Me Grandma said...

Glad you broke your blogging rule.
I so hope this stimulus package works.
I honestly believe if the talking heads on tv would guit talking about how bad things are, that maybe we would start to feel good about things....to much information.
Prayers going out to you and yours.