Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Price of Love

In keeping with the theme of "Love" the thought came to me of how expensive Love can be. Just take oysters, or not, my mom made "Thanksgiving dressing" using oysters but that was so long ago I can't remember how they tasted, if I tasted them, or what they cost. And, I think, I would only want fried oysters. Then there's chocolate, the lady on the TV program this morning said that dark chocolate was the best, so I told Bob I needed to put dark chocolate on the Wal-Mart list for shopping tomorrow, and I'll make some from scratch hot chocolate. Or, how about those chocolate covered strawberries - aren't they cute?
Personally, if I had a choice I would go to Hawaii and have dinner on the beach, but I can't leave home right now. Isn't there always something? The thought is nice! I'm not sure what we'll do, but I did see him buy me a box of chocolates. Which brings up another item - diamonds, although my personal choice is sapphire and pearls but actually I'd rather have a new HP netbook with 160 gigs or a new big computer with a terabyte or a Canon Rebel camera, we haven't been going out enough to wear diamonds, pearls or sapphires. Good thought though!


Then there's perfume, there's so many scents to choose from today! What do you like? Bob does have his favorite, but with our children and grandchildren still living with us - what's the point? If you keep your good perfume in a dark cool place, it won't evaporate and will be there for that extra special moment. Otherwise, Bath and Body Works have great every day scents that are refreshing. Finally, there's the flowers - roses? I prefer carnations because they last longer, does that mean I'm a cheap date? Oh well, practical perhaps. But regardless, it is the thought that matters, isn't it. So, whatever we do I know we will have fun, I am fortunate and blessed to be married to a guy that has a great sense of humor which I think is one of the most important requirements of any relationship - faith in God being the first. So, I hope you have a wonderful sweetheart day too, I know I will.

No comments: