Sunday, February 15, 2009

Quiet

I am in a quandary with time now and I must punish myself by taking away my time to blog. I have become obsessive - there's so much to read, to write, and to learn. My grandchildren, husband, children all shout out in their waning voices "where are you?" and "it's time for dinner, what's to eat?" or "can we bake a cake" and so on, but I can't pull myself away from the alluring, tantalizing, amazing, exciting, descriptive stories and opinions of the kazillion posts. I have boxes, empty boxes, waiting for me, silently shouting out to be filled and marked as job completed - they are behind me as I speak, I can hear their desperate calls for attention.

In a couple of months Tom will be heading back from Iraq. He will go to Ft. Bragg first then is expecting to come home in May - - - he is bringing a friend! We are conservative believers and I say that for lack of a more appropriate term, so his friend will be sleeping here in my office - not in his room. This office is our forth bedroom. Since we are getting the house ready to sell anyhow, I must get it back into a bedroom state except I won't/can't take all of my computer machines to another room in this house. I have more books, family photo albums, stationery, etc, to pack and then to get the photos off the wall too. I'll bring in a comfortable rollaway bed for Tom's friend and make the room accommodating for her.

In Soldier Tom's email message this morning, they are packing up their equipment and getting things ready to pass of to the next group moving in to the base in Iraq. He is very excited to come home.

We almost have Suzanne's apartment packed up. I called the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) and they will pick up her furniture on Tuesday. I was pleased to know they do that at "your" convenience. I know when we are ready to move, I have plenty of furniture to donate. Not many associations will come at your convenience. I have donated financially for years to the DAV and I am glad I can in this case as well. Suzanne can't take any personal items to the group home or they will keep it - we did put her prized possessions in storage. It is heart wrenching going through this with her again. Her medication is "over-done" but she will see her physician on Friday. Mental illness is a difficult illness to understand and at times to deal with. Suz has surely had her struggles in life. In case you don't know, Suz is our third child, our only daughter.

I called the first real estate agent to come in next week. I plan on interviewing several agents before settling on one. I will begin calling painters to come in and give me estimates for painting the interior, then we have to go over to Lowe's to pick out floor tile for the kitchen and den area. You know what I regret the most is taking down the photos of my family. Today's house selling theory is making the home look sterile and impersonal. I've sold and bought several homes in my lifetime, and having personal items around never had an effect on whether I bought. We will have fresh paint on the walls, I won't put new nails in the wall and put my family photos back up. I will diligently and sadly pack them in a box until we are settled in a new home - whenever or where ever that may be.

We have been in this home longer than any in our marriage and I cry as I think of leaving it - but we change as we get older and must go with the time. There are many very good reasons why we need to move on the most important one is our health. This is a wonderful family home and very close to elementary, middle and high schools, and parks so any family will enjoy living here. It is large and needs a younger and more energetic hand to care for it.

Anyhow, I must take some time away from my blogging so I may only be here on Sundays, the Lords Day and our official day off from servile work.

I hope you have a wonderful week. Please take good care and God bless you with all the graces and strengths you need.

1 comment:

Call Me Grandma said...

Sounds like you got a lot to get done.
See you Sunday.
Prayers going out your way for a lot of energy and time to get done, all that you have to do.