Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One down and a kazillion things to do next

It's a gorgeous morning. The hummingbirds are busy at their feeders and the little chickadees are flitting all over the place. We have a large sliding glass door in our living room that looks out to our patio and while we were watching the news a herd of about 20 quail flew up to the patio area and were walking around. This area is is prominent with Gambriel Quail as seen in the photo. They are beautiful creatures although very aggressive when it comes to destroying a freshly seeded lawn or flower garden. Our population has decreased over the years probably due to the local cats on the prow. At first I enjoyed having them around until I realized they were the ones eating my freshly planted pansies. Spring is showing her beauty everywhere - the lilac bush is budding ever so slightly as are the trees and roses too. Our yellow daisy bush has blossoms, it is faithful every year. We do have a flowering plum which resembles the redbud - in the south the redbud, dogwood, and forsythia are a few of the first budding. They are beautiful especially if you are walking through the woods and the dogwoods in bloom caught you eye.

Have you ever looked forward to doing something but you wish you didn't have too? Well, that's the way I feel about selling our home. We've been in this place longer than any other but there are things we have to do because of our health and situations and because its just the best thing to do.

We met with Gus yesterday afternoon. Gus is a real estate agent for a Century 21 office in Las Vegas but he lives out here in our neighborhood. He puts out a monthly newsletter that is very interesting about a variety of things, such as Vitamins which is this month's topic, and there's more. He also gives you the opportunity to win a pizza from the pizza place of your choice if you answer one of his questions. Gus has been a real estate agent for 10 years, but originally was a pilot in the Air Force. Our conversations covered many topics and were very interesting which also included the tour of our home, of course.

You know how trends change for just about everything in our life and the advice of today's top real estate people if you are buying a home is to interview several agents, and that was my intentions. I got to thinking after meeting Gus that I never interviewed anyone, I called one and we always hit it off and the first was the one to sell our property and find us another one to live in. So, that's the way it will be again - Gus is the man. He knows his property and he has a lively personality. Bob and I both felt very comfortable with him and he answered our questions honestly and completely.

Having settled that number one on my agenda then next and most importantly is where will we go - I mean, what if our house was to sell immediate. I would have never planned on that and we aren't in a huge hurry, we don't have to move, or any of that stuff, so I panic. I keep thinking of Bob and his baby chicks and moving to a Texas farm near Fredericksburg, and Luckenbach, so Bob can play with Willie and the boys. Well, you know what, I do but don't want to go back to the country, I do love it, I really do, but I'm old, and what if something happens to Bob, that's what I think about today. We've been there and done that and I know deep down how wonderful it is in the country - really, I loved it, but well, this ole gray mare ain't what she use to be like it was down on the farm in Kentucky. Ain't no way I could chase those cows again. I would have no family nearby. Bob says they'll probably follow us, but I couldn't bet on that. And too, our wonderful doctor, talented hairdresser, and humorous dentist is here - I just don't want to start all over. So, we'll see if Gus can find us a place here that we can feel comfortable in and we'll go to Fredericksburg in our travel van and stay a couple of months.

Hee Haw! It really is cool in Luckenbach - check it out here!

No comments: