Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tom and Yahoo Messenger

I finally caught Tom on the yahoo IMing thingie last night when I was on the computer. He had bought Suzanne an iPod nano and because her computer is an older model the Apple software for the iPod is obsolete so I have been loading the nano on my computers with photos and her music - - and that's what I was doing when I caught him on the IMing thingie.

We typed back and forth for about an hour mostly about taxes - he was filing out his income taxes online. I was thinking this morning how much I miss him and can't wait to see him. He said they were packing stuff to be sent to headquarters somewhere - they will leave Camp Taji, Iraq, in April. The time is passing quickly.

Tom is the type of presence in your life that you really miss when he's not around - some people come and go and they don't make a difference, but he does. He comes home quietly because he respects us as old people, but I know with his friends, he is loud and funny. He is and always will be the class clown. He has finally found the weaker side of "his grandpa" and can make him laugh - I don't think Tom realizes that yet. He is a pleasant person and I can't wait to see him again in May - not soon enough!

1 comment:

Call Me Grandma said...

Now that is something to look forward to...a homcoming.
God speed Tom.