Thursday, August 7, 2008

About Friends

There are many wonderful moments that occur every day in my life. Some I am so aware of they seem to jump out and knock me off my feet, they are so special and genuine such as the hummingbirds. I know you may be wondering where that came from, but we have lots of hummers and they are so amazing, and I give thanks for their presence in my daily life.

I know this is a strange way of getting to the top of the list of special gifts from God, the special presents He sends to us in many packages. Tom and I had lunch with one special friend yesterday. I met Ann when I worked at Southwest Gas before Brian had his accident. I only worked at the gas company a few months. I quit my job to take care of Brian since as a result of the accident Brian was totally disabled.

Ann and I kept in touch continually. She has seen her share of troubles too and has a very deep commited faith in God. She is very grounded in her faith and I am sure that has help her through her trials. She is a wonderful example of God's apostles on earth. She is humble. She is a beautiful lady both physically and internally with a big heart. She is the type of friend you could tell anything to and you know she doesn't judge and she won't tell a soul. She is precious to me. She is like a heart surgeon but instead of surgery, she applies a little TLC, a lot of listening and a few kind words with a lot of love. She's the best.

Thanks Ann for all you do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What Jean didn't tell everyone is that her good friend, Ann, invited her to lunch and then went off and left her credit card at home so that in the end Jean herself had to pay for the lunch. I was properly embarrassed then, as I am now reading your description of me. I can only say thank you from the bottom of my heart and pray that somehow, someway I can live up to your words. It is very easy being your friend, so there is nothing to thank me for. We have always had such fun and we laugh constantly when we are together. I know where Tom gets his sense of humor from now. We really do have a lot in common. I can say this, without hesitation, thank you for allowing me to be a friend to you

Ann