Sunday, August 3, 2008

New clothes for a new school year

Okay - so we women know that we think differently from men - ha ha!, after almost forty-four years of marriage to the same guy, believe me I know!!! So, husband and I were having a discussion, well actually I guess I was talking to myself because I really didn't want to hear what his opinion was after all. Previously I had mentioned to my son since school will be starting in a couple of weeks and our granddaughter will be in a new grade I asked when he was taking her shopping for have new clothes for the new school year. My son responded that she had plenty of clothes, mind you, she hasn't had new clothes in a while. Well and yeah, her shorts and skirts are way too short now and anyhow every kid needs something new to start the new year!!! My husband was in unison with son regarding the clothes - how retarded can they be. Well! Thinking about it in retrospect, my husband wouldn't have a change of clothes if I didn't "suggest" a different color or style every once in a while he would still be wearing bib overalls!!! Ah, wait a minute - nothing against bib overalls, they are fantastic when working on the farm shoveling cow manure in fact I had a pair myself, and they are wonderful doing greasy car work, but to go to town to Dillards, well you get my drift!

So back to granddaughter and new clothes - I am hoping her mom will buy her new things to wear. She has good taste and granddaughter looks totally with it when she buys her stuff. Oh, son and the mom are divorced but son has custody. He is a wonderful father, but is so much like his father but even more stubborn just like my husband was at his age.

Oh, I know I should type their names - ok, next time I will. This is the day of the early surprise birthday dinner for my birthday, so I can't be here long. But, this clothes thing was on my mind and I'd like your opinion. New clothes for the new school year - or not?

Have a very lovely Sunday and God bless.

3 comments:

Gramps said...

Oh well back to the tar pit again!
Granted, new clothes build self essteam, but to demand it from one that doesent have the cash creates
undo stress, thats all. Gramps

Jean said...

Thanks Gramps for your comment, but if the cash were spent productively there would be clothes cash available. Prioritizing priorities is absolutely essential when raising children!

Miss Feisty said...

This post made me laugh so loud! Yes, she needs new school clothes...if for nothing else, the fact that we feel so much better when we are wearing something new! :) You're right though, men just don't understand :)

And, please do tell about this "surprise" birthday party.