Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just one of those days

It's almost time for CSI - Las Vegas, then at 8 we watch the Olympics. Isn't that Michael Phelps just the greatest. HOLY MACRONI! That guy can swim!

Heard from Tom today, he has arrived safely at Camp Taji, Iraq! Thank you Lord for his safe journey! He got back to base quicker than he came home. He had delays all along the way when he was headed back to the USA. He has eight months and some odd days to go until we see him again. I know we are fortunate since many other military personnel have had to be over there longer and more often.

As promised, I went downstairs to organize, pack boxes, move boxes and clean up the rooms. We are going to put the house up for sale next year. We have a finished "basement" which has become a collection center for boxes which are either filled or needs to be gone through and repacked or given away or thrown away. We've lived here in this house since 1993 and we've collected lots of stuff. So my goal for the next two weeks is to make headway and have at least two rooms looking better than they did when I started on Monday. A problem of delay happens when the next box I open is my memento box which contains stuff from the beginning of my marriage 44 years ago. "TIME OUT" and yes, I'll have to sort that stuff out to give to the kids for their kids to have. I found two teeth from Kevin that his grade school teacher had send home. He is now 36 years old. Each tooth was pasted on a paper. Alexandra, his daughter, will enjoy having her dad's teeth, oh no, how will I explain how I got the teeth from the tooth fairy! Oh, I'll come up with some explanation!

I'm getting the call from the man of the house. CSI is ON! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great evening.

No comments: