Friday, August 1, 2008

Summer heat and Leos

It's hard to believe today is the first of August. My birthday is in a couple of weeks. I am surprised when I learn of another important person who has their birthday in August and how much they are close to the Leo's attributes. President Bill Clinton's birthday is in August and so is Senator John McCain. My husband's cousin Ed and my good friend Janie has birthdays in August too - we are really true Leos - terrific people!

I have asked the man of the house for a new laptop, one of those small sizes that I can carry in my purse. I can't seem to go anywhere these days when I don't think of something I could check quickly if I had a laptop. Maybe the Blackberry would do, or if I had the internet thingie on my cell phone activated, but their screens are so small. Nah, I have the computer figured out with all the memory I could ask for in a laptop. I am not a diamond person, but I do like purses, shoes, jewelry and clothes, but computers and electronic stuff is my first desire. Crazy isn't it for a going on 64 year old to want another computer.

I was thinking the other day - does it sound goofy to say I am 63 and a half - like when we were kids we were 8 and a half and it didn't matter. The family won't be able to fit 64 candles on the cake and the candles would be burnt out before they got them lit anyhow, so I'll settle for the numbers 6 and 4, maybe someone will put them backwards. Forty-six was a good year, I had a lot of energy then and was pretty good looking. I'd have to think what I was doing then, so I'll get back to you on that.

Since Tom is here and will be going back to Iraq in a week or so, daughter Suz requested in secret that we celebrate my birthday this Sunday - or course it's a secret, but husband Bob has trouble with secrets and doing a meal menu on his own so he let me in on the "surprise" dinner. Granddaughter Alex will be here too and I think Kevin has a day off. Oldest son Don had a motorcycle accident in April, and he lives here, so he's here. I'll be missing a couple of grandchildren but otherwise, the gangs all here.

I'm so new at this Blogging thing my brain gets confused which is so normal at my age anyhow, but I'll keep trying and looking for new stuff to put on this page. I've seen some nice blogs and hope someday mine will rate good. I have enjoyed the cooking blogs with the pictures. My family has enjoyed the new recipes I've found on a couple of blogs. I create a lot of soups and meals without a recipe. I'll post some of them one day but I'm not so sure about the pictures of the food as I am cooking! I am impressed with the talent I've read and seen in other's blogs. I am totally amazed!

I generally go swimming about this time with my husband. The sun is low and part of the pool is shaded. Our temperatures here in the Las Vegas valley was suppose to start chilling down, but, today on the computer temp guage it was a hot 117 somewhere here. The heat is stiffling to us at our age so we try to run our errands before late afternoon. Las Vegas has wonderful winter, spring and fall weather. We are hoping one of these years we'll head to Maine for a couple of months vacation during the summer. We went there in 2006 in the fall and I really didn't want to leave. It is another space in time and so relaxful. Not to mention the great seafood not found that good anywhere else on this earth as far as we are concerned.

Well, husband Bob is looking for food after all it is dinner time here. So I will say adieu for now. Hope you have a pleasant evening. God bless!

1 comment:

Miss Feisty said...

I love the blog!!!

You're one cool granny, I tell ya! :)