Friday, December 19, 2008

Continuing Snow Watch

Actually, watching the snow slowly melt!!! Aunt Thelma called this morning and said she had seen on the news about the snow here in Las Vegas where they got 3 inches. I said Henderson got 8 inches. She asked me if I was wearing shorts and I told her no because it was 33 degrees at the moment. I asked her what her temperature was and she said 58 degrees and I asked her if she was wearing shorts then we laughed. There is a big difference between our freezing temperatures and those in Ohio because of the humidity. When we left for shopping today, Bob, my husband had only a long sleeve shirt on and I was bundled up with gloves and all - our inside temp gauge said 35. I made slight comments and nagged some about him putting on a jacket and I never got my way. By the time we made the Wal-Mart store two hours later, it was warmer and more everyone had only long sleeve shirts on and I was hot with my heavy coat. I really dislike it when he is so right.

Yes, our snow is slowly melting. We have one tree with a broken branch, although it is a small branch. I found out some kids on a 4 wheeling thingie ran over Alexandra and Kevin's snowman out front. We have a group of ornery kids in our neighborhood. They've egged some vehicles, and messed up some neighbor's lights and other things. We caught them messing with my neighbor's lights and Bob talked to them. They also came on our property and hid behind our bushes along the side of the driveway but Bob surprised them since he was out back. They were faster than Bob could be. It's a shame neighborhoods have to have those types of kids you can't really catch to do something about.

I have one more store shopping on Monday at Costco, then I am done. I have to get fresh Christmas flowers for Brian's grave and we'll go see him. I'm checking my dessert recipes twice to be sure everything is nice. Got the ham this morning and will finish up Monday. Trying to keep Christmas cooking as easy as possible so I can relax. Everyone is anxious to open up the Wii Tom gave Bob and I and it won't be opened until Christmas day. Alex has been nagging me and saying how much she wants to play it and that it belongs to everyone, well, duh, I told her it had my name on it, so we're back to the nanny nanny bobo thing. It's difficult for the kids to wait for most anything. It's a slim gift Christmas here, the first time Bob and I aren't exchanging gifts. I know others have it much much worse than we do. We are grateful for what we have and we thank God everyday for the gifts He does bring us.

We say Merry Christmas to those strangers we meet and have exchanged niceties with and to the store clerks too. We're getting down to the wire but all those sales people and shoppers we met today were patient and very kind. There's no point in getting in a hurry - I'm glad I don't have to be now, maybe that's a lesson I've learned since I've gotten old. And I especially hope you are doing well and everything is going smoothly for you. Please take good care, stay warm and drive safely. And, Merry Christmas to you too! God Bless.

No comments: