Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas leftovers

What day is this - - again? I can't remember! Saturday! Whaaaa? Why don't I have a trillion things to do today? What a let down, man oh man!

We have plenty of Christmas cookies left, but I don't have any with sprinkles and we didn't do any kissing and hugging as George Strait did when his wife was baking his Christmas Cookies! UUmmmm!

Only one problem with a gift this Christmas - we bought Alex a beautiful doll from Costco - its one that's similar to the very expensive American Girl collection. It's 18 inches tall, long blond hair, blue jeans and a sweater with a puppy dog in a purse - reminded me so much of Alex. Well, the jeans were very tight and when Alex was pulling off the pants the leg pulled out of the socket. It is custom made so we can't fix it.

We joked with her about it - but that was evil because she was crying already. I won't tell you what these ignorant adults were laughing about because it really wasn't nice but for a short time it was a light joking moment. We gave Alex options because as you can imagine, Costco doesn't have any more of her dolls so she has requested I get the doll fixed. I'll send it to New York to the Madam Alexander Doll Hospital where Doll Alex was created. I'll buy her different clothes too so she won't have to push and tug so hard to dress her. A good project would be for Alex and I to sew her clothes, maybe we could try that!

Well good folks, only four more days until the New Year - any plans? We haven't done anything elaborate for years - maybe someday we will, but not this year. We've had a family custom since we lived on the farm back in Kentucky many moons ago that I make homemade pizzas. When Tom called from Iraq he asked me if I was going to bake a billion pizzas, I thought that was funny and I guess because there are so many that was his prospective. There are usually plenty for drop in company. However a one time change from routine this year, I'm buying from Metro Pizza because I have a good coupon. We'll try to stay up to see the new year in and celebrate with a glass of Asti Spumanti - I don't like champagne - the Asti is much better.
We hope you're having a good weekend and all is well at your place. May the good Lord keep you safe and protect you and your loved ones.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Prayers to your family for a happy new year!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...