Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Empty brain cells

Yes, that's how it is right now - so many thoughts but so little time. I've been having really goofy dreams for a few weeks and Bob says that I am talking in my sleep. I do recall driving a car from the right side, couldn't see through the windows because it was dark and the lights were off and I didn't know where I was going but ended up at a department store spending money on stuff I didn't need with money I didn't have. Whooaa! I usually end up lost too. Weird, huh?

Our Birthday party for Alexandra was fun. Kevin bought the cake from where he works and he did all the cooking and Suzanne helped with the clean up. It's nice to sit back and enjoy the meal before, during, and after without all the concern cooks have preparing and cleaning up. Here's Bob relaxing at the table and we're enjoying the time. Alexandra enjoyed having the tree up and lights on even though there were no ornaments, yet. We did put the tree up but didn't get the ornaments on - isn't that a hoot! We were too tired and it was late so the plans are for Thursday to decorate.

Going shopping today so not much else getting accomplished. We are going to the two stores that are always packed - Costco and WalMart - just grocery shopping today. If you've been to those stores lately, you can't help but wonder if these shoppers don't realize there's a spending slump going on - or - like us, we get our best buys from Costco and WalMart and we watch our spending. What else is there.

So here's hoping you have a blessed and healthy day. Tom called from Iraq for Alex's birthday and he had been sick. They have had a change in weather too - cold and rainy and was foggy the early morning he called. Tis the season when colds and flu seems to flourish. I hope you are able to dodge the hit on those pesty intrusive illnesses and have a wonderful Holiday season as you prepare for the joyous day of Jesus' birth and family celebrations.

1 comment:

Call Me Grandma said...

Happy Birthday Alexandra.
She is sure a cutie.

I know when I go out some where, Idon't see a spending slump, but I don't shop at high priced stores.
Walmart is usually my one stop store.