Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The day before the day before

How are things at your place? Not much new here. Las Vegas is busy and there's lots of people in town and they are melting over into the Henderson area too. Bob and I went shopping for a new little doll baby for Alex since the one we got her for Christmas got a broken leg. Bob was great in Toys R Us, he was impressed with the size and organization of the store. Maybe we should go there more often and shop! Ha ha, just kidding. Stopped by Michael's and got some yellow ribbon to tie around the ole oak tree when Tom comes home - he only has three months and some days before he'll be back stateside. He's studying for his NCO Boards and promotion to SGT - that will happen in January sometime. Fingers crossed.

We're pretty mellow around here today. Relaxing, doing laundry and getting in some knitting. This will be the most irregular knitting project I ever undertook. I guess it goes to prove just how imperfect I am and am humbled. This project is a prayer shawl for my Aunt Thelma and I've done my share of praying while I knit and purl.

Hope you are well and don't have the stomach flu going around. Do take good care and be safe. God bless you. Happy New Year too.

No comments: