Monday, April 6, 2009

Basket case

Ok, I really haven't lost my mind and I'm not a basket case, although I am on the way, down the street, working my way toward it, but not quite yet. The tree men are here trimming on the Ash tree, doing a marvelous job. They were here bright and early at 7:30. I see my little fake squirrel is not on it's branch, I guess they put him in a cage for safety sake. Thank you for that!

You may wonder since I told you I hadn't lost my mind - yet - why all the Easter candy goodies. Here's the story - yesterday Bob and I went to Wal-Mart to do some shopping for odds and ends. I remembered I needed candy for the baskets and what better place than Wal-Mart - good prices. I have no clue who will be here on Easter morning, except for Alexandra and Kevin and Bob of course, and Suzanne, maybe Tom and maybe Don, who else, don't know - so we have to be prepared and yes!!!! I still make baskets for my age 40+ children and my husband. Isn't that weird! Maybe I am a basket case?

So, this lady was standing behind Bob in line, the cashier was ka-chinging up our goodies and stuff, and she says to Bob "when's the Easter egg hunt?" Well, I knew Bob couldn't hear her because he is suppose to wear hearing aids since he can't hear much of anything - and he didn't have them in yesterday - so she repeated to Bob again, and he gave her a really weird look. Mind you, in these situations when a pretty woman talks to Bob - I don't interfere, usually I will interpret or comment "he can't hear" but with pretty women, I let him handle it. And, if you ask me why! well, that's a story for another time, has to do with old men!! Later on that one - anyhow, when she finally got his attention and the hang of what she was asking - he passed if off saying "he had nothing to do with it" which left her confused since he was purchasing a lot of bags of candy!! I wondered if she had ever made an Easter basket, or had kids, or didn't realize how good those Peeps taste and they are a "must" in Easter baskets!

The candy is hidden and I have to dig out our antique baskets from the 60s and 70s that I saved. They are still in good shape. We've had all sorts of different sizes and shapes and cartoon types of Easter baskets and most of those have gone by the way side. We've even used baseball hats, bicycle baskets as Easter baskets, and lots of unusual things - I'll bet you have too.

Picking up the ham from the Honeybaked ham place probably Wednesday, bought the beans yesterday, don't know what else yet, but the menu is open for suggestions.

No comments: