Tuesday, April 7, 2009

George Strait


George is one of my very favorite singers especially country singers. Today's post is for him.

Sunday evening the Country Music Awards show honored George as the Academy of Country Music’s Artist of the Decade. The awards show was held here in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, the historic tribute featured country’s biggest names singing their favorite Strait hits.

George's record-breaking career that spans nearly 25 years, and he has more than earned his distinction as “The King of Country Music.” A cowboy singer who walks the walk and talks the talk. He is the real deal. I love the songs he sings, they have a twist that no other artist has and each song is unique. He's had 57 No. 1 hits and many other classics, among them “Amarillo By Morning,” “The Chair,” “I Cross My Heart,” “I Saw God Today” and the ACM Song of the Year “Give It Away.”

I've been a fan since the 80s and I think I have almost all of his songs. I saw him once years ago at the Thomas and Mack, but I think it's time I go again. I am a member of his fan club.

A couple of my favorites songs are "I Saw God Today" "Christmas Cookies" "The Chair" - that one reminds me of the night Bob and I met and I sat in Bob's chair while he was off dancing. When Bob came back to his table, he said I could sit there if I danced with him. I did, and I never went back to the chair because we danced all night. We met on April 23, 1964. I even took him home to meet my mom that night. So, "The Chair" fit our profile too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! There should have been a "drool-warning" on this post!
George is so very talented and charming!
Outstanding post!
~AM