Monday, April 13, 2009

The morning after...........

Candy, candy, candy everywhere the eye can see. I bought too much candy, again! When will I learn to cut back. Alex went to several parties and brought home more candy - we'll all be on a hyper fit for weeks. Have you noticed now many flavors jelly beans come it today? Every company has gotten in on the jelly bean craze. I wonder, do you have those big filled chocolate covered eggs in your area? I have looked in all the stores here for them and for the past couple of years no one has carried them. Sometimes they have coconut filling or cream filling, covered in chocolate with little green leaves and a small flower on the top for decoration. I used them as the center and main "candy" for the baskets. Just curious if they still make them.

By Saturday evening, I had not expected anyone to be here for Easter Sunday so Bob and I were going to go to Metro Pizza for dinner. Boy, now that would be different, a first for the Sullivan's. But, Suz called and said she wanted to come over (she hadn't been feeling well), so Kevin said he's hang around for a while in the morning and come back to eat - he had plans with friends. Still, I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but I would cook. Then Sunday morning we hear the sound of the semi-truck engine pulling up in front, it was Don. I didn't think he would make it home. But they were all home - the only one missing was Tom. We talked to him and he was visiting the Space Center and Lincoln's place in Washington, DC. He was having the time of his life - I am so glad he went. But, it was nice to have the kids home.

The day went well. Don brought a 12 pack home and asked me if it wasn't my favorite, and it was my favorite beer if I was going to drink a beer at all. It was a beautiful day here in Southern Nevada. after I finished washing the dishes, I sat down with a bottle of Michelob in my comfortable wicker kitchen chair by an opened window at the bay window. It was refreshing to enjoy the fresh air and listen to the zoom zoom of the hummers as they played around the feeders. Talked to a neighbor as he walked by and noticed there were a lot of families walking down to the park at the end of the street. Walkers and runners and bikers passed by and lots of kids.

It was a good day and a gorgeous Easter Sunday.

2 comments:

Karen Deborah said...

I only bought 2 little bags of candy, we haven't gotten over the weight gain from Christmas yet!

Call Me Grandma said...

Lotsa candy and I always make to much food.
What to do with the left overs?